Hi guys
Long time no post on this forum!
I have recently got a new PC and a new room to put it in. Where I want to place the box is out of reach for the usb cable to reach the pc. Would a 1.8 metre lead give a reduction in signal strength? Is there a popular cable that is suitable for the job?
Cheers
Mark
You can use an active USB repeater cable and extend to almost any length, they come in various (3/5/10 metre) lengths and you can connect one into another until you have what you want. I`m using a 3 metre version, far from signal loss by using an extender cable you can actually improve your signal into the RB by shortening the aerial cable. they have many on Amazon starting from about £7.99.
As Lou stated it is better to extend the USB cable instead of the antenna cable.
How long would the USB cable be, if you leave the antenna cable as long as it is?
I once operated my box with a 3m connection cable (USB A / mini USB)
Ingo
I've used an 8m USB cable in the past with no problems.
See http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=409.msg3205#msg3205
Cheers guys, great help
Mark