hi
I need to transfer my log database from laptop to desktop pc. is it just a case of copying the data folder and transferring via usb stick to radarbox file on new pc and replace this with data folder on desktop.
mark
In the Data folder you will find MyLog.db3 copy that one across and replace the existing
Alan
is the mylog.db3 file or mylog.db3.bak file alan?
The .bak file was used in older Versions (4.0X or 3.XX), but is not longer used in V5.00.0XX. Therefore you don't need to copy it.
Only MyLog.db3 is needed.
Ingo
thanks guys, I have tried this but my log in version 5.00.072 is showing 58 aircraft when I have over 10,000 entries!! I have copied my data file from laptop and replaced it with version 5 but not showing my updates?
mark
You may considering to use the windows search on your laptop. Maybe there is another instance on that computer.
Further you can try to copy out the .bak file and remove the .bak so it reads MyLog.db3. Maybe the original mylog.db3 got corrpted somehow.
Ingo
Mark,
As Ingo, states you may have more than one instance of the RB software on your computers especially if you have updated rom the original version. You will have more than on MyLog.db3 file on your computer in this case
Alan
On my Windows 7 laptop I have installed the software into its default location:
C:\Program Files (x86)\AirNav Systems\AirNav RadarBox\Data\
But my data files are updated in this location:
C:\Users\MyWindowsUsername\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\AirNav Systems\AirNav RadarBox\Data\
You are better not to install to the default location as the virtual store can cause problems.
Alan
Hi guys thanks for the replies. I have checked to see I have only one my log file in my data folder and I do but it still does not show all my entries that I have! Not sure what else I can do?
Mark
Mark
Confirm you only have one instance of Airnav software on your computer. If you started off with 2009, V3.13 or some other from the disk which came with your box and then upgraded to V5 you will have more than one instance therefore you will have more than one data folder and are only looking at the wrong one.
The only way you will have only one data folder is if you fresh installed V5 onto a computer which hadn't had Airnav software on it previously. If you have more than one data folder you will have more than one MyLog.db3 file.
Use the search facility to look for all instances of MyLog.db3
Alan
Hi alan
Yes i only have one copy of radarbox on my desktop pc, i have the 5.00.072 version freshly downloaded as this is a brand new pc. I copied the data folder from my previous verison of RB version 3.?? Which was on a laptop and replaced the data file on the new desktop pc, i deffinateley have only one version of radarbox and one mylog file!
Mark
Mark,
On your laptop that you were copying your mylog from is that the same, you only have one instance of RB software.
What size and date is the one on your laptop?
Alan
Hi Alan
Thanks for the replies. The size of mylog.db3 is 49.251 kb 8/2/15
Mark
Mark,
That would appear to be OK Mark, mines is only 13,244 kB
Alan
Alan, thankyou so much for your help, I thought if I logged in as the administrator that would help and it certainly did, I am now back up and running!!
Thanks
Mark
Well done Mark
Alan
Hi guys,
My mylog have 209,705kb, and I only have 13457 new aircrafts.
I think that mine have a problem.
Regards
Not necessarily. It depends how many movement information each looged airframe has.
I have a little over 30000 airframes per year. But some airframes have over thouthand movements logged. That is why my mylog breaches the 500MB threshold every one and a half year.
Ingo
I bet your Mylog has been running for a good number of years Aerotower and as such will have recorded every detail of each aircraft that has been picked up by you over that time. It holds a lot of info not just about the aircraft but also when you saw it, its flight ID, route, start and finish altitudes etc, etc
It may be a good idea to delete the old data now and again through MyLog Tools and maybe even the photos there.
Alan
Since 2009, now I have delete old data but the file still have 209Mb.
Regards
Hi Alan,
I noticed the same. Although starting ANRB was faster, MyLog.db file size remained as big as before. Maybe another's another bug of V5.00.7x. Sorry forgot to tell then.
Ingo
I wonder how old the data has to be before it is considered old. I will log it anyway.
Alan
As far as I remember you can select a date and all data before this date will (shall) be removed.
Ingo