AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: FACTflights on February 28, 2015, 08:36:28 AM

Title: Can't update database
Post by: FACTflights on February 28, 2015, 08:36:28 AM
I have for the past two weeks encountered problems with updating the database. 

It runs for a while then comes up with an "read - time out" error report.

I killed all security programs and devices.
I've given everybody control of all the folders.
I've sent "support" a copy of the Eureka Log file.

I don't know what else to do.
All suggestions are welcome.
Title: Re: Can't update database
Post by: Runway 31 on February 28, 2015, 08:43:32 AM
I update every day without any problems so can advise there are no problems with the download John.

Are you using 5.00.72.  The only thing I can think of is that there may be a corruption somewhere and suggest that you reload the software and give it a try.

Alan
Title: Re: Can't update database
Post by: FACTflights on February 28, 2015, 10:59:14 AM
Hi Alan,

I've tried reinstalling.

Yes I use 50072.

I just can't figure out where the problem is.  It could be the network that I am on.

How long does it take to down load and update at your location ?
Title: Re: Can't update database
Post by: Runway 31 on February 28, 2015, 11:37:52 AM
John.

I have a very high speed fibre connection so no comparison it takes me around a minute or so to download the 65Mb or so.  The fact you are getting a time out may suggest a problem in the time the download is taking probably due to your connection speed.

Alan
Title: Re: Can't update database
Post by: Runway 31 on March 08, 2015, 01:01:48 PM
John, have you got it sorted out yet

Alan
Title: Re: Can't update database
Post by: FACTflights on March 08, 2015, 02:34:07 PM
Hi Alan,

No, I don't know what the problem is.

I thought Support would be able to tell me from the data in the Eureka log, but have not replied to my request.
Title: Re: Can't update database
Post by: Runway 31 on March 08, 2015, 02:45:37 PM
If you have a googlemail address I could send you the update via googledrive.  I will email support to see if they got your request.

Alan
Title: Re: Can't update database
Post by: FACTflights on March 08, 2015, 02:50:26 PM
Sent a PM.