AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: CYYZGUY on April 08, 2015, 06:17:06 PM

Title: Radarbox1 Detected, Radarbox2 Not Detected...Purpose of this?
Post by: CYYZGUY on April 08, 2015, 06:17:06 PM
I cannot recall if this has been asked before, but as we all know, when radarbox starts up, it detects the one box, then tries to detect a second box.

Have we ever been given an explanation as to what this is for?  Is there some benefit to adding a second radarbox?

Airnav, can you explain the functionality behind this?

Jason
Title: Re: Radarbox1 Detected, Radarbox2 Not Detected...Purpose of this?
Post by: Runway 31 on April 08, 2015, 06:20:24 PM
I believe it states RB1 found and nothing else, at least that what it does with mine.

Alan
Title: Re: Radarbox1 Detected, Radarbox2 Not Detected...Purpose of this?
Post by: CYYZGUY on April 08, 2015, 06:22:16 PM
I will check mine tonight, but I am sure it tries to detect a second box...when the new software was released some time ago, I know this was mentioned somewhere.  I will grab a screen shot tonight when I get home, only 14:20 here right now.
Title: Re: Radarbox1 Detected, Radarbox2 Not Detected...Purpose of this?
Post by: Runway 31 on April 08, 2015, 06:24:44 PM
Yes it did at the time but hasn't since the last release.  Just closed down and restarted to check.

Alan
Title: Re: Radarbox1 Detected, Radarbox2 Not Detected...Purpose of this?
Post by: CYYZGUY on April 08, 2015, 06:35:36 PM
Ahh ok, I never bothered to update radarbox to the very last update when it came out as everything was working fine for me.  I will just leave well enough alone!

Thank you!
Title: Re: Radarbox1 Detected, Radarbox2 Not Detected...Purpose of this?
Post by: oliver14 on April 09, 2015, 08:06:42 AM
Maybe RB2 is going to be the new Micro radarbox !! whenever that is released.
Title: Re: Radarbox1 Detected, Radarbox2 Not Detected...Purpose of this?
Post by: Undertaker on April 10, 2015, 05:45:35 PM
Wasn't RB2 the 3D version ? which mine isn't and it used to check for it now with the latest version it does not include RB2

Tony
Title: Re: Radarbox1 Detected, Radarbox2 Not Detected...Purpose of this?
Post by: Kenny on April 14, 2015, 12:16:18 PM
It detects my DVT-B as a RB2.  This DVT-B is normally use by SDR# to decode ACARS.

Kenny
Title: Re: Radarbox1 Detected, Radarbox2 Not Detected...Purpose of this?
Post by: neroon79 on April 14, 2015, 05:42:45 PM
Hi Kenny

what is a DVT-B? I only know DVB-T (which stands for DigitalVideoBroadcast-Terrestrial).

My DVB-T stick is detected as micro radarbox not RB2. As Far as I know RB2 is something else and not released yet.

Ingo
Title: Re: Radarbox1 Detected, Radarbox2 Not Detected...Purpose of this?
Post by: Kenny on April 15, 2015, 06:16:29 AM
Quote from: neroon79 on April 14, 2015, 05:42:45 PM
Hi Kenny

what is a DVT-B? I only know DVB-T (which stands for DigitalVideoBroadcast-Terrestrial).

My DVB-T stick is detected as micro radarbox not RB2. As Far as I know RB2 is something else and not released yet.

Ingo

Hi,

Recheck again..  It detects my DVB-T dongle as "MiniRB"  However, there is no data when it enters main screen.  I have to exit RB program and SDR# to let SDR# get the DVB-T then start the RB program again.

Kenny