AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: cosmicwind987 on April 22, 2015, 05:23:03 PM

Title: 32-bit win7
Post by: cosmicwind987 on April 22, 2015, 05:23:03 PM
I've bought a refurbished laptop running 32-bit windows 7. My ANRB is working fine with my 64-bit Windows PC but give s a red hardware not connected error on installation on the laptop. Presumably I need to download the 32win7 driver so where can I get it, please?
Title: Re: 32-bit win7
Post by: neroon79 on April 22, 2015, 05:31:57 PM
The WIN32 drivers are included in the full - install  version (currently V5.00.072) download.
After installaing the software go to your drive:\your folder\AirNav Systems\AirNav RadarBox\Drivers

You know how to manually force a new driver install of unknow hardware?

Ingo

Title: Re: 32-bit win7
Post by: cosmicwind987 on April 23, 2015, 01:18:19 PM
Thanks Ingo,

I do need help in manually forcing, and also in control panel>device manager there is no ANRB in the list of USB controllers.

Alan
Title: Re: 32-bit win7
Post by: Runway 31 on April 23, 2015, 02:06:38 PM
As Ingo stated the driver are in the software so you shouldn't really have to do anything else. In Devices and Printers/Unspecified what do you have?  Do you have Radarbox showing?

Alan
Title: Re: 32-bit win7
Post by: neroon79 on April 23, 2015, 03:40:45 PM
If you are using device manager, you won't find an entry named ANRB, as long as no driver is installed. Try looking for unknown devices and choose driver update. Then select manually select source and then point to the folder I mentioned in my first reply.

As an alternative you can use the road Alan has stated.

Ingo
Title: Re: 32-bit win7
Post by: cosmicwind987 on April 24, 2015, 03:43:01 PM
Sorry, I feel particularly stupid today.

I've downloaded and installed V5.00.072 , there is an unknown device which is radarbox saying no driver found. I've clicked on ANRB >properties>hardware> driver and clicked update driver This gives search automatically - which does not find anything - and search manually which gives me the choice of browsing the computer or picking from a list of browsers. I can't see any thing obvious from here.

Alan
Title: Re: 32-bit win7
Post by: Runway 31 on April 24, 2015, 03:58:41 PM
Assuming you have installed to c:\Airnav, the drivers should be in c:\Airnav Systems\Airnav Radarbox\Drivers and will be found using the manual browse search option.

Alan
Title: Re: 32-bit win7
Post by: neroon79 on April 24, 2015, 04:41:24 PM
Just in case your Computer states something similar to "Windows logo test failed install anyway?" during you trying to install the drivers: Select "install anyway" or "ignore and install". I can't remeber what the text was... It has been a while since I installed RB drivers...

Ingo
Title: Re: 32-bit win7
Post by: cosmicwind987 on April 25, 2015, 06:18:42 PM
Really sorry but c:\Airnav Systems\Airnav Radarbox\Drivers contains 3 folders, amd64, i386 and Static, and trying to install any of them ends up with 'Windows was unable to install your AirNav RadarBox. Windows could not find driver software for your device.'

Please persevere with me.

Alan
Title: Re: 32-bit win7
Post by: Runway 31 on April 25, 2015, 06:33:29 PM
Instead of trying to install the folders, browse into them and try to install the contents,  Sorry I cannot be more specific, I have the 64bit version and have files out side those folder which I presume to be the 64bit stuff.

Alan
Title: Re: 32-bit win7
Post by: neroon79 on April 26, 2015, 06:32:29 AM
You may trying to select the "Drivers" folder (don't go in it or selecet any files in it). Further don't forget to select "include subfolders".

Are you 100% sure that it is a win32 version and not a win64 version?

Unfortunately I'm only using win64 versions like Alan.

Ingo
Title: Re: 32-bit win7
Post by: cosmicwind987 on April 26, 2015, 03:18:56 PM
Thank you both sincerely for your help. It's finally working! Oddly enough all it took was downloading and installing AirNav USB driver 2.06.00 from MaxDriver and it set up automatically.

All the best, Alan
Title: Re: 32-bit win7
Post by: Runway 31 on April 26, 2015, 03:39:55 PM
We never usually have problems with the version you have Alan, normally install and away you go but glad you have it up and running now.

Alan