AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: Markus48 on June 30, 2015, 03:18:16 PM

Title: Auto populate?
Post by: Markus48 on June 30, 2015, 03:18:16 PM
 Seems the last 4-5 days the auto populate feature is no longer
working on my AirNav system.
Is server down somewhere? Have made no changes.
Title: Re: Auto populate?
Post by: Runway 31 on June 30, 2015, 03:19:46 PM
I will find out.  The database update facility is working OK.

Alan
Title: Re: Auto populate?
Post by: neroon79 on June 30, 2015, 05:18:02 PM
Hi Alan,

I've to tell, that the manual populate function isn't working either. Non of the posted airframes as populated. That includes the airframes that I've posted yesterday.

Ingo
Title: Re: Auto populate?
Post by: Runway 31 on June 30, 2015, 05:18:54 PM
I have advised Airnav and am waiting on a reply

Alan
Title: Re: Auto populate?
Post by: neroon79 on June 30, 2015, 05:22:47 PM
Maybe the server wants a re-boot...

Ingo
Title: Re: Auto populate?
Post by: Runway 31 on June 30, 2015, 05:28:35 PM
The server is fine so I think it must be the software link, they had an issue with the server on Friday night so presumably this problem stems from that.

Alan
Title: Re: Auto populate?
Post by: neroon79 on July 02, 2015, 04:06:18 PM
The populate funtion is still not working as it should. Any new information?

Thanks Ingo
Title: Re: Auto populate?
Post by: Runway 31 on July 02, 2015, 07:55:32 PM
Nope, got a reply overnight that I have replied to so maybe get a reply tonight.

Alan
Title: Re: Auto populate?
Post by: shouriken on July 07, 2015, 10:05:02 AM
Any news about this issue?
Still not working :(
Title: Re: Auto populate?
Post by: Runway 31 on July 07, 2015, 10:57:32 AM
The server software is being completely re-written so I wouldn't expect any change until it is finished

Alan
Title: Re: Auto populate?
Post by: shouriken on July 07, 2015, 03:37:06 PM
Should I understand that they are running "work in progress" software on a production server???
Title: Re: Auto populate?
Post by: neroon79 on July 07, 2015, 03:51:42 PM
I'll hope that it won't take too long. Meanwhile there might be several re-postings of  unknown (MIL) airframes, as I run a db download on each saturday  early morning.

Regards Ingo
Title: Re: Auto populate?
Post by: Runway 31 on July 07, 2015, 04:43:10 PM
Liviu,

I wouldn't think so.  I am no computer geek but I would imagine that the code will be written on another computer and when it is ready to go online the server would go off line and come back up running on the new software. 

I don't have first hand knowledge but as far as I am aware it will take a couple of weeks.

Ingo,

I wouldn't worry about that.

Alan
Title: Re: Auto populate?
Post by: neroon79 on July 07, 2015, 05:05:42 PM
Alan that's one risky way to do a transition from one sw release to another...

The more safe way is to set up a new server hardware (or back-up server hardware) with new SW version, after it is running with no errors in test mode, take "old" server offline and take "new" server online. Old server remains running as a fall back for some time. If it works with new SW on new server, the older server could be switched off after a couple of days and new SW can be installled on "old" server hardware. This server is then used as back-up server until next SW update.

That's the procedure that I am using for the measurment severs in my work life...

Ingo
Title: Re: Auto populate?
Post by: Runway 31 on July 07, 2015, 05:12:40 PM
Ingo,

As I said I don't have a clue they could be doing anything but I think what you have said is what I meant but I know nothing about that side of computers.  I just know that they will not be working on the code on the live server, that's really asking for bother, even I with my limited knowledge knows that.

Alan
Title: Re: Auto populate?
Post by: shouriken on July 09, 2015, 06:04:31 PM
The problem is that it USED TO WORK several weeks ago and now it's not working because
QuoteThe server software is being completely re-written
???

AirNav Support or Dev are not here?
Title: Re: Auto populate?
Post by: Runway 31 on July 09, 2015, 06:19:56 PM
Yes populate and auto-populate both worked until a week past Friday when the server crashed.

They are not on here that often.  If you want Support please feel free to drop them an email and they will confirm what I have already stated.

Alan
Title: Re: Auto populate?
Post by: Markus48 on July 22, 2015, 09:46:24 PM
 My auto populate seems to be working again as of today around 2000z
Hope it is fixed finally..
Thanks!
Title: Re: Auto populate?
Post by: shouriken on July 23, 2015, 06:12:46 AM
Yes, it's working here too.
Title: Re: Auto populate?
Post by: neroon79 on July 24, 2015, 03:30:38 PM
Manual populate launched from MyLog list seems working too.

Ingo