AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: g7lfc on September 22, 2015, 06:23:39 AM

Title: RadarBox & Windows 10
Post by: g7lfc on September 22, 2015, 06:23:39 AM
Hi, I have seen the previous threads on RadarBox and Windows 10, but these all seem to be dated around February with the pre-release version of Windows 10. I've disabled driver signature enforcement to try and get the box running under Windows 10 as per http://www.top-password.com/blog/how-to-disable-driver-signature-enforcement-in-windows-10-8-7/ but to no avail.

When is this issue going to be resolved and what is the workaround please?

Many thanks.

Derek
Title: Re: RadarBox & Windows 10
Post by: Runway 31 on September 22, 2015, 08:21:46 AM
Which drivers are you using Derek, the Windows 8.1 ones appear to do the trick.  It would appear that upgrading to Windows 10 is not an issue. A clean install may be problematic however. http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=8408.0

See the sticky on Window 8 at the top of the page.

I would suggest that you contact [email protected] if you still cannot get it going.

Alan
Title: Re: RadarBox & Windows 10
Post by: EK01 on September 22, 2015, 09:21:47 AM
Derek,

Upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 without any problems. Drivers recognised and no need to sign in as Administrator or disable driver enforcement. ANRB started straight away.

As Alan says, suggest you update to Windows 8.1 and then from there download and install Windows 10.

Ian
Title: Re: RadarBox & Windows 10
Post by: g7lfc on September 22, 2015, 11:39:24 AM
Hi, thanks for the replies.

I installed the software on a Windows 8.1 computer and then, a couple of weeks later, upgraded it to Windows 10. It was working fine under Windows 8.1.

I've decided to do a restore back to Windows 8.1 and try it again.

Thanks.

Derek
Title: Re: RadarBox & Windows 10
Post by: N9JIG on September 26, 2015, 09:47:27 PM
I upgraded (?) to Windows 10 from Windows 7 today and the Windows 8 drivers wouldn't work, some warning about the "hash" not correct and that they were corrupt...

I did the command line trick mentioned above and that allowed the drivers to work but now I have an annoying little message on the lower right corner of the screen telling me I am in Test Mode.

Is there a way to get my RB to work without this warning?
Title: Re: RadarBox & Windows 10
Post by: FACTflights on September 27, 2015, 03:06:04 PM
I've been running Windows 10 since July 29 absolutely problem free.
Title: Re: RadarBox & Windows 10
Post by: G4HDU on October 06, 2015, 02:41:02 PM
Hi Derek,

I was doing a fresh install on Windoze 10 today and I needed to set the check driver signing off before they would install. Now it is working fine.

Now to see if I can get it to work under wine instead!

73
Barry
Title: Re: RadarBox & Windows 10
Post by: Runway 31 on October 06, 2015, 02:56:42 PM
Yes wine usually helps Barry!!

Alan
Title: Windows 10 and airnav support
Post by: G4HDU on October 06, 2015, 03:21:00 PM
Sounds good to me Alan.

Took a few hours to figure out how to get it working inder win 10. Anybody know if the protocol is available to talk to the rb1 via the USB? Then we could linux it.

I get the impression AirNav systems are not the most responsive at fixing bugs etc. Feel as though I wasted £99 buying one of these boxes. Wouldn't get caught out again!!
Title: Re: RadarBox & Windows 10
Post by: AirNav Support on October 06, 2015, 04:25:24 PM
G4HDU,

The Windows driver authentication requires drivers to be signed off and this process has affected many companies with there drivers, we are not the only one.

Regarding bug fixes, the software since RadarBoxes first release has gone through many releases which have included bug fixes and new features been added. The software has matured to a stage where the vast majority of the features and working fine.
Title: Re: RadarBox & Windows 10
Post by: G4HDU on October 06, 2015, 04:36:25 PM
Thanks for your speedy response. I appreciate that it is a slow process to get drivers certified and you are not the only company to suffer. However it would be useful to have a good visible link to Microsoft's site with the details of the fix.

I can't get any of the openstreetmap overlays to load. It seems like a problem from some time ago from what I can discover. Version in use was downloaded from your site today.
Title: Re: RadarBox & Windows 10
Post by: AirNav Support on October 06, 2015, 04:54:03 PM
Unfortunately the openstreemap overlays service has been stopped so this will not work any more.
Title: Re: RadarBox & Windows 10
Post by: G4HDU on October 06, 2015, 04:58:54 PM
Would be helpful if it wasn't in the menu as an option to chose from. Confuses me !! What alternative is there please for satellite and map overlays?
Title: Re: RadarBox & Windows 10
Post by: Runway 31 on October 06, 2015, 06:06:40 PM
There is no alternative other than the basic maps.  You will soon get used to where aircraft are and will soon know where to look for them.

if you cannot so without a map consider feeding the likes of planeplotter.

Alan
Title: Re: RadarBox & Windows 10
Post by: G4HDU on October 06, 2015, 06:21:44 PM
Hi Alan

Thanks for the tip. It is not too bad for me but having maps like flightradar24 is nicer for others. May well whiz the current board out of the airnav box and replace it with an rtl sdr dongle (I love the case and the misses won't realise I bought a duffer LOL)

Also means I can run it on a raspberry pi with minimal power consumption as opposed to having the big PC on 24/7

Barry
Title: Re: RadarBox & Windows 10
Post by: Runway 31 on October 06, 2015, 06:41:25 PM
None of the receivers do maps like the browser equivalents and if you want anywhere near that quality its the only way to go but I just prefer to know what's up there flying around and don't need to see it on anything other than the basic map, I suspect most users will be the same.  Its also handy when mobile another reason why I prefer the box output rather than relying on the internet maps.  Its a bit over the top calling it a duffer because you don't like the map option's as it does what it states it would and the map output is not dissimilar to any of the other receivers.

The box can be used to feed any of the browser based options so unless the power required is to much of an expense for you I don't see why you dont use the box now you have purchased it.  Also if you are only going to use it to feed a browser based option its mapping wont be a problem.

Alan