I get this message when trying to use 3D. Is there a problem? "Sorry, the website tech.airnavsystems.com cannot be found."
Just trying to do some MLAT testing to the PP GE plugin.
Okay. Fixed now.
Is it the end of this month that the GE plug in goes offline?
Alan
QuoteNote: The Google Earth API has been deprecated as of December 12th, 2014. The API will shut down in early 2016, and will continue to work on supported browsers until that date.
Presumably Airnav have plans in place to replace the GE plugin in ANRB v6?
Not that I am aware of, is there anything similar out there?
I sure hope Airnav have plans in place. I rely on 3D mode to display multilateration of non-ADS/B aircraft in ANRB, and would sorely miss that capability.
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=4578
Although, if I was Airnav, I'd modify Radarbox to be able to read the Planeplotter OLE/COM interface, then we could display everything from Planeplotter on the Radarbox screen.
How about it Airnav? That would go some way towards providing Multilateration within the Radarbox software.
I don't think Planeplotter would be very happy with that idea
Alan
Why not? As long as it is only displayed in the local instance of ANRB, and not shared on the Airnav network, it would be within the usage policy.
My idea has always been that data from the PP OLE/COM interface could be displayed on the NETWORK tab of ANRB. Each of us could then have multilateration on the ANRB map for the price of each of us paying for a PP MLAT subscription.
Very simple code:
Dim MyObject
Set MyObject = GetObject(,"PlanePlotter.Document")
i = 0
while i < MyObject.GetAllPlaneCount()
si0 = MyObject.GetPlaneData(i,0)
si1 = MyObject.GetPlaneData(i,1)
si2 = MyObject.GetPlaneData(i,2)
si3 = MyObject.GetPlaneData(i,3)
si4 = MyObject.GetPlaneData(i,4)
si5 = MyObject.GetPlaneData(i,5)
si6 = MyObject.GetPlaneData(i,6)
si7 = MyObject.GetPlaneData(i,7)
si8 = MyObject.GetPlaneData(i,8)
si9 = MyObject.GetPlaneData(i,9)
si10 = MyObject.GetPlaneData(i,10)
si11 = MyObject.GetPlaneData(i,11)
si12 = MyObject.GetPlaneData(i,12)
Wscript.Echo si0, si1, si2, si3, si4, si5, si6, si7, si8, si9, si10, si11, si12
i = i + 1
Wend
I asked Beverly about similar previously and he wasn't very receptive to the idea to say the least stating that what's on Planeplotter is theirs and not for sharing.
Alan
Then why does Planeplotter even have the OLE/COM interface if it's not for sharing to a local instance of some other program?
No idea, don't even know what an OLE/COM interface is for but is it for operating the app on your computer i.e. could it operate without it, I don't know?? Anyway these question would be better asked of Airnav, drop them an email.
Alan
I've suggested this to Andre already. The Planeplotter OLE/COM interface exposes all aircraft displayed in PP to any other program. Seems an obvious solution to the MLAT "problem".
So, when the GE plugin stops working soon, will Radarbox 3D still work in the Google Earth program itself?
I would imagine so as its only the plug in that being pulled but who knows! I wouldn't think anyone on the forum will know.
Alan