Hi, I am getting various non ADS-B aircraft popping up on my map - Flybe Dash-8's , Loganair SF340's etc
it is always Network aircraft and they never move just eventually disappear. I've also noted the same thing on Radarbox24. Is this to do with Comstation or planeplotter data sharing testing?
J.D
Its not the comstation as there are none in Scotland but I will ask regarding planeplotter. I use planeplotter and may be feeding some of them.
Alan
It's proof-of-concept testing, and will stop immediately. I wondered if anyone would notice MLAT'ed aircraft appearing. Would be a nice feature to have in the future though!
Cheers Chris
For those that have emailed me, these were related to a proof-of-concept test I was running of the sharing feature in Planeplotter - see http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=8487.0
(http://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5658/23898570561_f8d8cb8335_o_d.jpg) (http://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1502/23898571131_00fcc99768_m_d.jpg) (http://www.flickr.com/photos/tarbat/23898571131/sizes/o/)
I have a number of them on screen at this time, pity they are stationary though!
Alan
Alan, they should disappear. Airnav Development are aware, and I've turned it off now.
Cheers Chris, I will turn off the positionless option.
Alan