AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: tarbat on December 27, 2015, 06:47:16 PM

Title: Feed Radarbox and Planeplotter from RTL dongle
Post by: tarbat on December 27, 2015, 06:47:16 PM
So, I'm beta testing ANRB v6, which can accept input from an RTL-SDR dongle.  Is there some way that anyone can suggest that would let me feed from the RTL-SDR dongle to both ANRBv6 and Planeplotter at the same time?

The problem I have is, I only have one 1090 antenna, and that is now feeding into my RTL-SDR dongle.  I like to feed Planeplotter, as that gives me multilateration results, but that requires a feed from the DUMP1090 program.  That then prevents me using ANRBv6 to read data from the RTL-SDR dongle.

Any ideas.  I'd like to feed both Radarbox and Planeplotter, but can't think of a way of doing it.  At the moment it's stopping me feeding data to the Airnav Network.
Title: Re: Feed Radarbox and Planeplotter from RTL dongle
Post by: Runway 31 on December 27, 2015, 07:40:55 PM
You can use PlanePlotter to feed data to the Airnav network as you indicated yesterday.  You can also use RB to feed PP??  I don't however know the ins and outs of RTL Dongles??

Alan
Title: Re: Feed Radarbox and Planeplotter from RTL dongle
Post by: tarbat on December 27, 2015, 10:00:20 PM
Thanks Alan.  I don't want to use RB to feed PP, as that stops PP from doing multilateration.  And if I use PP to feed data to the Airnav network, then I lose all my non-ADS/B aircraft, especially the Eurofighters!

I guess I'm looking for a way to share the RTL-SDR USB dongle between the two programs, ANRB and DUMP1090.  Any ideas?
Title: Re: Feed Radarbox and Planeplotter from RTL dongle
Post by: Runway 31 on December 27, 2015, 10:13:39 PM
No idea on that one Chris but I am sure there will be a way. I just pay the Master User fee and get the MLATS
Title: Re: Feed Radarbox and Planeplotter from RTL dongle
Post by: Runway 31 on December 28, 2015, 12:52:34 PM
Someone somewhere look to be running Planeplotter with their location wrongly set.  It is important that you have your location set in Planeplotter as it will show the aircraft in the wrong location in Planeplotter and in Radarbox.

Alan
Title: Re: Feed Radarbox and Planeplotter from RTL dongle
Post by: tarbat on December 28, 2015, 02:29:33 PM
QuoteSomeone somewhere look to be running Planeplotter with their location wrongly set.  It is important that you have your location set in Planeplotter as it will show the aircraft in the wrong location in Planeplotter and in Radarbox.

Airnav should be able to tell who it is from the share code in the upload messages to the Airnav server, in the FORM FIELD "Sharecode".

(http://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1686/23998820206_b4df809772_o_d.jpg)

I guess they could be Beamfider fixes, as I've been setting up my radar.txt file up in PP this morning.
Title: Re: Feed Radarbox and Planeplotter from RTL dongle
Post by: Runway 31 on December 28, 2015, 02:32:43 PM
I sent them a screen shot earlier.  Thanks

Alan
Title: Re: Feed Radarbox and Planeplotter from RTL dongle
Post by: flygfantast on December 29, 2015, 01:15:09 PM
You might wanna check out ModeSMixer, http://xdeco.org/?page_id=48.

"Modesmixer2 can combine the feed from multiple network data sources as instances of dump1090, rtl1090, modesdeco2, ADSB# or any other Mode-S decoding application or hardware receivers with serial output via USB interface (and even combinations of them) and then rebroadcast the combined feed to multiple TCP or UDP ports in multiple formats. Additionally, it allows multiple connections to a single TCP port."

Don't know if that helps your problem.

Niklas