AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: slingshot01 on February 08, 2016, 03:58:52 AM

Title: HELLP I NEED A NEW RADAR BOX
Post by: slingshot01 on February 08, 2016, 03:58:52 AM
anyone have a Radar Box to sell or know of any place selling one im in need of one it seems that mine is only picking up very limited air craft after a BLIZZARD in New York City USA before the storm I was getting air craft over 300 miles away now only about 30 miles and below 20000 feet im told that it might be my Radar Box is no good so Im in need of a new box I can pay for it VIA PAY PAL
Title: Re: HELLP I NEED A NEW RADAR BOX
Post by: Runway 31 on February 08, 2016, 07:59:11 AM
I would suggest you try ebay.  I also believe you would be able to get one from Airnav on the orders page.

Alan
Title: Re: HELLP I NEED A NEW RADAR BOX
Post by: MrParanoia on February 08, 2016, 01:54:27 PM
Sounds like the SAW filter is knackered.  Happened to my box after a stormy night, although mine was eventually swapped out under warranty.

You could use a dongle with version 6 of the Radarbox software, one would be easier to source and cheaper than a box.
Title: Re: HELLP I NEED A NEW RADAR BOX
Post by: Runway 31 on February 08, 2016, 02:02:26 PM
Saw filters are easy to replace and repair.  If W&S get the box they should be able to advise any cost.

Alan
Title: Re: HELLP I NEED A NEW RADAR BOX
Post by: slingshot01 on February 08, 2016, 02:30:25 PM
I just ordered 2 brand new box's from the UK but they are the 3D version as soon as I get them I will send the 2 that I have out for repair,, it also looks like my CommStation Box might also be affected it use to pick up about 200 flights now only about 50 to 60 flights
Title: Re: HELLP I NEED A NEW RADAR BOX
Post by: Runway 31 on February 08, 2016, 05:30:39 PM
They are just the same boxes and can be run in 2D, they use the same software as your other boxes

Alan
Title: Re: HELLP I NEED A NEW RADAR BOX
Post by: oldun666 on February 09, 2016, 01:55:26 PM
hi there, yes i have a spare one if you still need one.