AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: NigelR on March 15, 2016, 08:16:27 PM

Title: Database Updates
Post by: NigelR on March 15, 2016, 08:16:27 PM
Please can someone tell me how often to expect Database updates through the Database Explorer option? I have just purchased a new Radarbox having had one up until 18 months ago. Everytime I try the database update it seems to be the same file size each time (77017 KBytes)

Thank you
Title: Re: Database Updates
Post by: Runway 31 on March 15, 2016, 09:54:56 PM
Nigel, 

You get a new one every day and I can confirm it is working ok as I update each day.  It doesn't matter how many times you try to update each day you will get the same one each time until the new one comes on the next day.

Can you advise how many records you show in the Aircraft Table

Alan
Title: Re: Database Updates
Post by: NigelR on March 15, 2016, 10:42:20 PM
Alan

Thanks for the reply. I've got 237, 879 records in the aircraft table.

Nigel
Title: Re: Database Updates
Post by: neroon79 on March 16, 2016, 06:13:57 AM
Nigel, from my point of view you have an uptodate database.

Ingo
Title: Re: Database Updates
Post by: Runway 31 on March 16, 2016, 08:46:48 AM
Yes I would agree you appear to have an up to date database.  Also remember the number of aircraft records can go up as well as down depending on how many are deleted as opposed to added each day and other tables such as routes and airlines can change as well. 

The a/c type table only really changes once or twice per year depending on ICAO updates and airports rarely but can change.

Therefore the size of the download is not limited solely on the number of aircraft records included.

Alan