AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: Blueboy on March 16, 2016, 03:50:19 PM

Title: Altitude question
Post by: Blueboy on March 16, 2016, 03:50:19 PM
Hi, just a question about aircraft altitude - the QNH in the preferences is correct for my home airport but aircraft on the ground are still showing at ~600ft when until recently they was showing as 0ft on the ground. Any suggestions as to why this is?

J.D
Title: Re: Altitude question
Post by: Blueboy on March 16, 2016, 04:46:36 PM
Hi, after having a think, it is possibly due to the high QNH at the airport at present - 1035 hecta-pascals - having an adverse effect on the lower altitude readings. Sounds like I know what I'm talking about !!

J.D
Title: Re: Altitude question
Post by: Runway 31 on March 16, 2016, 04:57:17 PM
Have you auto-set QNH on Smart View

Alan
Title: Re: Altitude question
Post by: Blueboy on March 16, 2016, 09:50:37 PM
Hi Alan, yes the QNH is Auto-set in Smart view - it's not a big issue I just thought I would ask the question - at lower altitudes are they coming from the transponder direct or is some calculation done by the RB based on QNH value set in preferences?

J.D
Title: Re: Altitude question
Post by: dudbaker on June 15, 2016, 02:08:54 PM
What is your home airport?  Presumably it is 600 above sea level.

Dudley 
Title: Re: Altitude question
Post by: dudbaker on July 19, 2016, 10:08:25 AM
Blueboy

I assume your local airfield is 600 feet above sea level.  What is you local airfield.  QNH is above sea level.  Nautical Height.  QFE should read 0 feet on touchdown.  Field Elevation.