AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: Tramline on May 12, 2016, 08:45:27 PM

Title: Registrations not updated???
Post by: Tramline on May 12, 2016, 08:45:27 PM
Hi, I'm in LA at the mo and my alerts have loads of aircraft which are not alerting. Seems the Hex Code is listed by not the registration such as N814AA and N891NN which are just two examples where the reg'ns are not populating but hex codes are?

Any ideas please?

Thanks
Title: Re: Registrations not updated???
Post by: Runway 31 on May 12, 2016, 09:06:33 PM
Are these aircraft in your Navdata database?
Title: Re: Registrations not updated???
Post by: Tramline on May 12, 2016, 09:08:45 PM
Thanks for the reply.....how do I check the database? I
There are so many missing :-(
Title: Re: Registrations not updated???
Post by: Runway 31 on May 12, 2016, 09:15:11 PM
File/Database Explorer/Aircraft Table.  Which version do you have of Radarbox  software and when did you last update the database.  If you don't have it in the database it will not show the details

Alan
Title: Re: Registrations not updated???
Post by: Tramline on May 12, 2016, 09:32:18 PM
Hi Alan,

I'm using Airnav version 3.13 - I always thought the system updated itself thru the internet somehow! Can you advise how I can update the database please in simple technophobe language.

Many thanks...
Title: Re: Registrations not updated???
Post by: Runway 31 on May 13, 2016, 08:04:35 AM
With the early version you are using if you are connected to the internet and have sharing set and you click on an aircraft it will download the data from the server. assuming it is in the database.

You could go to MyLog/Grids/Tools Populate/ and it will populate the ones you have picked up within the timescale you set, you may need to do it 3 or 4 times to get them done though.

If you download and install V5 you would have the ability to download and new database each day.  At this time we have around 239,000 records in the aircraft table compared to the 80,000 or so you will probably have, hence the reason for your blanks registrations.

Alan
Title: Re: Registrations not updated???
Post by: Tramline on May 13, 2016, 12:57:42 PM
Hi Alan,

Thanks very much for the info....I will sort the database out with your advice.

Much appreciated.
Title: Re: Registrations not updated???
Post by: Runway 31 on May 13, 2016, 01:42:51 PM
If you need any help let me know

Alan