Can anyone explain what is meant when a pilot reports entering into the Bovingdon hold with for example information Charlie or information Xray? I understand what the hold (stack) is, it's just I am not sure about the information charlie, what kind of information is it that they are referring to.
Regards
Stephen
If you listen to ATIS for an airport it starts with "Information .. (A, B etc..) which describes the weather, landing runways and anything else important"
This is the ATC is confirming he has listened to that important information.
I maybe totally wrong :)
That makes sense, I thought it might have something to do with active runway etc. Thanks for the quick reply
Quote from: AirNav Support on May 01, 2008, 10:34:46 AM
If you listen to ATIS for an airport it starts with "Information .. (A, B etc..) which describes the weather, landing runways and anything else important"
This is the ATC is confirming he has listened to that important information.
I maybe totally wrong :)
Exactly right - most airfields, even the military airfields, have ATIS (or DATIS) which saves a great deal of time. See the Wiki link below for more information:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automatic_Terminal_Information_Service
Thanks very much Allocator, the link was helpfull.
Here's a little bit of useless trivia regarding Sydney ATIS
Back in 1993 when it was announced on the radio and tv that Sydney had won the bid for the 2000 Olympics, the ATIS broadcast was 'Information Bravo' for the rest of the day.
Funny how useless stuff like that sticks in your mind! : )