AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: Bigyun2000 on May 01, 2008, 09:09:03 PM

Title: Installation problem in Windows ME
Post by: Bigyun2000 on May 01, 2008, 09:09:03 PM
Hi all
I am trying to install my RB2008 onto my old laptop computer.  When installing these are the Installation errors i am receiving.

1. GDIPLUS.DLL required (i downloaded this and placed it into Windows system32 folder)

2. FTD2XX.DLL linked to missing export SETUPAPI.DLL CM_Get_Device_ID_Exa

I have made sure SETUPAPI.DLL is in windows\system32 folder

When installing i make sure i point to the drivers folder.

Still can't run RB2008.  Error 2 is stopping me.
Can anyone help please.
Thanks
Title: Re: Installation problem in Windows ME
Post by: AirNav Support on May 01, 2008, 09:10:09 PM
I wouldn't try it on Windows ME. Very old now and unsupported by Microsoft and hence drivers and other issues will be unsupported.
Title: Re: Installation problem in Windows ME
Post by: Bigyun2000 on May 01, 2008, 09:15:48 PM
Thanks for quick reply. I have win XP but not sure if my laptop will handle it.
It is a 2nd laptop which i wanted to take mobile rather than risk any damage using my main laptop.
Thanks
Title: Re: Installation problem in Windows ME
Post by: daveg4otu on April 24, 2009, 03:52:48 PM
Did this issue with WinME ever get resolved - I'm trying to do the same - Runs beautifully on WinXP - but want to use an old laptop  with WinME  also....get same errors - any offers.

Likewise (tho' I will  make a seperate thread for this ) would like to use on a Linux/Ubuntu  machine - - does it or doesn't it work?