Hi all, has anyone on the forum used the Micro RadarBox? I am wondering if I can get a longer antenna cable as what came with the new one I have purchased is not long enough to be put out side.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Regards
Ian
Hi Ian,
if you purchase a "male MCX" to "female SMA" adapter you shall be able to connect the micro Radarbox donlge Receiver to your old/existing antenna equipment.
this one for example: https://www.amazon.com/DHT-Electronics-coaxial-adadpter-female/dp/B00CWZDCUQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1477065180&sr=8-2&keywords=male+MCX+to+female+SMA+adapter
I'm using one of these adapters with my dongle receiver.
Regards Ingo
Hi
I asked the same question back on October 4th, so I am grateful for the reply, thanks.
Quote from: neroon79 on October 21, 2016, 03:55:23 PM
Hi Ian,
if you purchase a "male MCX" to "female SMA" adapter you shall be able to connect the micro Radarbox donlge Receiver to your old/existing antenna equipment.
this one for example: https://www.amazon.com/DHT-Electronics-coaxial-adadpter-female/dp/B00CWZDCUQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1477065180&sr=8-2&keywords=male+MCX+to+female+SMA+adapter
I'm using one of these adapters with my dongle receiver.
Regards Ingo
Thanks for the info Ingo
Hi Ingo, At the moment I am using the Micro dongle with the antenna that came with it, it is being used indoors and I cant believe how good it is, maybe its just luck, but I do live right on the coast and I get all the flights that are going over the pond.
Regards
Ian
I recently took my Micro Radarbox to a high point using the supplied aerial and got a range of just under 200 miles. Brilliant.
Hi Ian, in the beginning I was quite sceptical about the use of these SDR dongles too. But after some intense tests in various situations and connected to various antenna setups I have decomissioned my "mobile" classic radarbox hardware. Only my 24/7 server used to get logfiles to investigate unknown airframes is still running with the classic hardware for reliability reasons. In all other cases I'm using SDR dongles like micro radarbox.
Ingo
Hi Ian
For information, I looked at the link that Ingo suggested and although the basic price looked reasonable because it was shipped from the US the postage was £9 which took the total price to £12.
I subsequently found a UK supplier 'RS Components Ltd' in Corby Northamptonshire.
Their stock number is 7619951. I ordered one late on Friday and it has just arrived.
My Micro box now connects to the aerial supplied with my original RadarBox and seems to work fine.
Regards
Keith