Probably well known but:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01GNGZAIG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Thanks for posting this..! I ordered one and it arrived today. I've had a RadarBox since 2010, which is on a desktop, but I've now installed it on my laptop using the Micro dongle. You can't have too much of a good thing..!
Quote from: BobB on November 14, 2016, 01:57:44 PM
Thanks for posting this..! I ordered one and it arrived today. I've had a RadarBox since 2010, which is on a desktop, but I've now installed it on my laptop using the Micro dongle. You can't have too much of a good thing..!
This is a good alternative to ANRB in fact the dongle works better.
Regards
Ian
How much better performance does the associated bypass filter give?.
Regards
Syd
Quote from: Hawkeye on November 15, 2016, 02:47:49 PM
How much better performance does the associated bypass filter give?.
Regards
Syd
Syd, the overall performance of the Micro RadarBox is brilliant, I have not had any issues with it yet but I have only been using it for 2 weeks.
Ian
Dave,
The operation of a filter will depend in your situation and location. It will be of best use in urban areas where the is a lot of RF interference coming from phone masts etc. Some users will notice a big difference and some will hardly notice any difference. It would be the same when used with a Radarbox itself.
Alan
Thanks Ian and Alan,
Besides the good performance you are getting Ian, it sounds like a good buy at £34 just to do away with the disconnecting/ connecting R/box between D/top and L/top. I'm never keen on disturbing things that are operating as they should be, - leave well alone being my general principle.
It seems the decision on whether to incorporate a filter should be made when the performance of the Micro in my environment has been considered.
regards,
Syd.
Hi Syd,
I use a dongle to take with me on my travels for the reason you mention. Its a NooElec one which is even cheaper at around £21
I bought a flightaware filter for my dongle after getting home from being in Las Vegas in Seprtember. I had my antenna on the balcony with full view of the airport but was only picking up aircraft on the ground and on short final. I was going out one day and brought my antenna inside a few feet into the room and my coverage suddenly shot up from 20 aircraft to over 80 and the range saw the same increase from short final to 200 miles or so. I can only put this down to RF interference which was cut down by bringing the antenna inside.
Alan