I have seen somewhere a list of flight id codes with a tie-up to origin and destination, other than in the programme data base.
If there is such a list could someone point me in the right direction.
Malc
Malc,
There isn't really any such list as many of the flight ID's change quite often. It is possible to look up flights on a number of websites - do a Google search for "Track a flight" or something similar.
You can also try the free AirNav Live at:
http://www.airnavlive.com/
AirNav have said that they will investigate an auto-populate system for the Flight ID to Route tie-up in a future version of RadarBox. Of course, if the flight crew don't enter the Flight ID in the box in the aircraft, then you won't see a route from the RadarBox database anyway.
Apart from trawling various different airport and airline websites there is the Seldec publication 'UK & Ireland Flight Routes 2008' ( www.seldec.com ) but this of course entails the good old fashioned hard slog of manual input as the book is hard copy only as far as I know.
Quote from: malcdee2001 on May 14, 2008, 08:53:45 PM
I have seen somewhere a list of flight id codes with a tie-up to origin and destination, other than in the programme data base.
If there is such a list could someone point me in the right direction.
Malc
I believe that the site below has been mentioned in this forum before.
http://www.civilaircraftregisters.org/Mode_S_Resources/LogReport/FlightID.asp
Cool all we need now is the link into RadarBox and updates as we go along :-)
I have just found this web site if it is any use to anybody. It seems to have some good information.
http://home.planet.nl/~duijn181/flightplans/list051031.txt
Good find malcdee2001