Would there be any chance somebody could email me some Airnav recordings of traffic around the Newcastle Upon Tyne Area please. I am in the process (still!) of purchasing my set, just everytime I get the money together it seems to be needed for something else!
Cheers,
Bob
Bob,
There are 2 recorded files here:
http://www.airnavutilities.co.uk/Recorded_Files.html
They are made from Shropshire with live and network data and I can't remember if they cover your area, but it should give you a rough idea.
Allocator
Thanks for that. I already downloaded those ones which was gave me the thought about something more local. But thanks for the help.
Bob
Bob,
Maybe there is somebody on the forum from your area who might be able to help with a more local recording :-)
hi bob
just e-mailed you some recordings from morpeth
cheers paul
Cheers Paul,
Tried loading them up into the RB software but I am struggling to get the software to recognise the file format you sent them in (TXT). The others I downloaded from the utilities site seemed to saved in a different format.
Any ideas of a way around this?
Bob
hi bob try notepad that seems to open them no prob
Quote from: BobR on May 24, 2008, 07:41:09 PM
Cheers Paul,
Tried loading them up into the RB software but I am struggling to get the software to recognise the file format you sent them in (TXT). The others I downloaded from the utilities site seemed to saved in a different format.
Any ideas of a way around this?
Bob
The files must have an .rbl extension - they may have been saved as ****.rbl.txt - just rename them if this is the case.
Quote from: pcochrane12 on May 24, 2008, 07:20:39 PM
hi bob
just e-mailed you some recordings from morpeth
cheers paul
Paul,
What you have sent BobR is RadarBox logs, not RadarBox recordings. BobR is after the recordings for his area so he can replay them on the RadarBox software - which you can do even if you don't have the hardware receiver.
RadarBox V1.5 doesn't record properly, so unless you still have the old V.14 exe then you won't be able to do this.
Allocator
cheers allocator
yep read message correctly this time have 1.5 so cant help unfortunatly but if bob needs log to see whats around no prob
need new glasses i think
cheers paul
Thanks for all the help guys. I am going to order mine next week so hopefully I will be up and running by Friday!!!
Bob,
Have you taken the plunge, or are you still considering getting a RadarBox.
I'm running RadarBox on the laptop just to the south of Newcastle right now - are you still interested in screenshots. I can't do a recording I'm afraid due to technical reasons.
Allocator
hi allocator
im just north of newcastle and have sent bob a couple of shots but not heard if he has bought a box yet
cheers paul
OK Paul, thanks for that.
The screenshots I'm getting are not too impressive anyway with the antenna sitting on the downstairs window ledge! I'm getting stuff climbing out of Newcastle and some high level traffic, but that's about it.
All the best
Allocator
yea its fairly quite at the moment so your not missing much.heres one taken a couple of minutes ago