Hi All. I have a RB1, using the included mobile antenna and 10 meter coax extension cable. The antenna was attacked by parrots that chewed the coax to bits - completely destroyed. I have since replaced the coax and antenna and something is wrong. I have a power light and slowly flashing USB light. No signal. Tried another antenna and removed the coax extension cable, same result. I'm on the same PC, drivers etc all OK. I dont think the birds would have been able to kill the unit via the coax..... Any ideas?
You replaced the antenna, is the new antenna suitable for 1090Mhz?
Alan
That's what it said on the pack.
Is it dedicated to 1090 or is 1090 within the range it is capable. If dedicated to 1090Mhz I have no idea then, maybe support would be able to throw some light on it, sorry couldn't be more help.
Alan
Support have been next-to-useless.
Don't get me started.
I would imagine they are scratching their head as to why its not working same as me. I don't know if the could have shorted something by killing the cable.
Alan
Bird attack, wasn`t a Black hawk by any chance? ;-)
Dave.
Nah!
Gotta have been a woodypecker surely :-)
New antenna and coax ordered.
Cannot afford the $650 price tag on a new box, I'll give it one last go.
Get a dongle for $25
Alan