On the box, it says "VHF airband" how do I use this feature? Also can I dump the ADS-B Hex codes(i.e. 8D451E8B99019699C00B0A81F36E)?
The VHF requires to be set up by Airnav then it will show on screen, takes a few weeks. What do you mean by dumping hex codes? Depending on your location you may be picking up RF interference from the likes of phone masts, if you are in an urban location its highly possible and you may need a filter. What's you box PGANRB serial number?
Alan
Quote from: Runway 31 on April 04, 2017, 06:44:56 AM
The VHF requires to be set up by Airnav then it will show on screen, takes a few weeks. What do you mean by dumping hex codes? Depending on your location you may be picking up RF interference from the likes of phone masts, if you are in an urban location its highly possible and you may need a filter. What's you box PGANRB serial number?
Alan
Why would AirNav have to set up a
built-in function? The Hex code is a 112bit message sent from the Tx on the aircraft. It was what the reciver decodes. Rightnow my school project will have no mention of Airnav/radarbox24 because:
- Can't use the XML port(7879).
- I'm guessing the hex stream sent to the server is encrypted
- Probably going to be told that I cant, the ability to do so is impossible, and it violates rules
This is really frustrating. Most other receivers would allow this, let alone one marketed at $700. Yes, I am 'leasing' this receiver, but I think my bandwidth/electricity is worth being able to get raw data for non-commercial uses
It may be a built in function but it still needs to be set up to function, the hex data has nothing to do with VHF voice, two completely separate things and why the unit has two antennas.
Yes the data back from the receiver is encrypted on its way back to the server. However you can see and use the data from the receiver if you use V6 of the Radarbox software http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/ANRB/ANRB60002Setup.exe Connect the unit to it via your home network. You will be able to see what the unit is producing via the Mylog/reporter function and be able to prepare reports over whatever timescale you choose i.e daily, weekly, monthly etc see attached
If however you want to see the raw data packets being received from the aircraft you will not get that from any receiver as it is all decoded by the receiver and its software either at the server or locally via the V6 software.
Alan
Quote from: Runway 31 on April 04, 2017, 01:53:29 PM
It may be a built in function but it still needs to be set up to function, the hex data has nothing to do with VHF voice, two completely separate things and why the unit has two antennas.
Yes the data back from the receiver is encrypted on its way back to the server. However you can see and use the data from the receiver if you use V6 of the Radarbox software http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/ANRB/ANRB60002Setup.exe Connect the unit to it via your home network. You will be able to see what the unit is producing via the Mylog/reporter function and be able to prepare reports over whatever timescale you choose i.e daily, weekly, monthly etc see attached
If however you want to see the raw data packets being received from the aircraft you will not get that from any receiver as it is all decoded by the receiver and its software either at the server or locally via the V6 software.
Alan
That's a shame because your software does
NOT work. Support pretty much told me it's website or nothing. I would think a nice reciver wouldn't be so restricted. Please get VHF working, because that about the only motivation to not send it back.
The software works fine give it a try others use it. I asked you for your receivers serial number to allow me to pass this on to allow them to set up the VHF for the receiver, without knowing what receiver you have how can they set it up.
The receiver is designed to feed its data back for display on radarbox24.com. If you want it for some other use you may be better off using a different receiver and some preparation on your part may have shown this to you.
I like anyone else on here am a forum member, a user of the equipment or the website helping out other users with their queries. Could I suggest that instead of ranting you conduct yourself in an appropriate manner. I realise that you are a young school boy but if you talk to adults the way you write you may find yourself in bother in real life.
Have a good day.
Alan
PGANRB300583
https://www.radarbox24.com/stations/PGANRB300583 (https://www.radarbox24.com/stations/PGANRB300583)
Thank you I will pass it onto support.
Alan
Hello ,Alan ,Can you advise support to start the VHF for my comstation PGANRB300724?
OMR 120.2 MHz
I will pass it on Mihalca
Alan
Hi Alan,
Could you please pass my radarbox comstation number PGANRB300957 so I too could get vhf working
Thank you kindly
James
Passed into support James
Alan
Hi Alan,
Just wondering if support have tried to enable the vhf reception on my com station receiver, i received an email saying they couldn't access my receiver and asked me to restart my receiver which I did and emailed them back but got no follow up email
Regards
James
Hi James,
Will try and contact them James. They need to be able to contact the receiver to enable the VHF so leave it on please
Alan
No probs it's always connected
Regards
James
The same situation here, after that, the VHF seems to be on, but no one can tell me how to access it, if someone knows, please let me know. PGANRB300724
The only one that can advise is Pedro Mihalca, I have asked and am awaiting a reply
Alan
I understand, Alan, but it passed a week since I contacted Pedro.
Thanks for your reply, hope this month to make it work.
Thanks, again!
That's correct Mihalca, haven't heard back from him
Alan
I have heard from Pedro via email he said turn my vhf receiver on..? End of email..???
Really is that all the correspondence I get I have emailed him more than once asking questions that never get answered
Then I get latest email telling me to turn it on OMG As if it's not already on is on 24/7 check my stats they say uptime 100%
So frustrating trying to enable the vhf side of things why is it so hard to get somebody to enable this so I can listen to ATC but judging by michala's posts even when it's activated there's no way to use it..?? what the hell is going on in AirNav systems corridors ??
Won't be holding my breath for this to happen yawn... goodnight!
Just been advised that VHF transmissions will be user configurable and going on test from tonight
Hookalya, The unit needs to be on for the firmware upgrade to be applied remotely to allow this to happen. Going by the email you received I presume that your unit will be upgraded very soon.
Alan
Great news thanks Alan
PGANRB300064
hi guys, please turn on my VHF - freq 124.50mhz , this is FAOR Radar Primary
thanks Marc
Request passed onto Support Marc
Alan
Hi Alan,
Any word on getting the vhf working ? I've got my unit running 24/7 but I've seen no change at all
Firmware is the same number 6 days ago u said they were turning it on midnight of the 19th may
I just hope they get it up and running asap
Regards
James Moreton
I can only go with what I was told when I asked James. Why don't you drop an email to
[email protected] and ask on there
Alan
Just been advised as follows
VHF is still on hold until we have the new firmware ready.
The previous firmware was unstable in terms of VHF crashing the box totally. The developer is being very conservative and only releasing the new firmware absolutely when we are sure it doesn't have problems. So this may take more time and sharers have to patient in terms of VHF.
Alan
Hi Alan,
Oh good some news on the subject....
Even if it is not so good news,..well it's better to wait and have a working product then release early and have a crashing comm station that'll knock out the main reason we're all here
ADS-B Data!
Thanks for the update my friend
Regards
James Moreton
Because in Venezuela no station has VHF ?
See previous replies hunter, waiting on a firmware upgrade for ATC
Alan
Thanks, my friend
I hope panama and barranquilla are back online
Hi Alan,
Could you please enable my radarbox24 comstation number PGANRB300966 so I could get VHF working
Thank you
Indresha,
VHF not working this time awaiting a firmware upgrade to fix issues
Alan
Hi Alan,
any idea when the new firmware will be available?
my unit - after a day or so ,times out, unresponsive, no blinking lights. I have to unplug the unit to get it back to operational state.
regards Marc
even i'm facing the same issue, stops feeding data and all 6 lights on the feeder solid
Same here.
As they said this firmware version is not so stable, until the issues are fixed we should wait.
Marc/Indresha/Mihalca, contact support@airnavsystems with your issue its nothing to do with the firmware if it keeps freezing I suspect its defective units but you wont know and get anything done until you contact support and get them involved. If they don't know about it they cant do anything about it. Advise them of the units serial number and keep the unit on to allow them to investigate.
Mihalca, the firmware issue you are referring to is regarding the VHF transmissions not freezing up.
Alan
thanks Alan,
i was suspecting that this issue is caused by the new firmware ,because before the update the problem didn't exist .
sometimes(maybe 1 time per week ) the station freezes and it needs to be restarted , after restart everything works well, so this is why i assumed that is a software glitch.
After all it is not a big problem, but when im not home i cant restart it, i also suggested to add a restart button linked to each station on the website under "my account" to trigger a command to restart it remotely .
Mihalca
Airnav cant do anything if they don't know about it. I have advised them of the 3 freezing units and advised them to expect emails from you all detailing the unit serial number and the issue being experiences. As far as I am aware when the unit is frozen it cant be contacted so a button will not work to restart it, even Airnav cannot tunnel through to a frozen/offline unit.
Alan
We all hope it will be soon
Its been a while
Hi Alan,
Could you please pass my radarbox comstation number PGANRB300533 to received VHF.
Thanks
eposone,
VHF has been off for a while and we are are still waiting on a firmware upgrade to correct the problem. Suggest you contract support@airnavsystems .com direct to find out about the delay.
I see that your unit shows that it has been offline since Thursday.
Alan
Hi Alan
Thanks, yes it has been down since many days and was waiting for the IT guy to fix the modem, now running again.
Okay so it will take some time I guess to get the VHF working and we need to update the firmware as I understand you correctly. thanks no problem.
cheers
My unit after a few days becomes unresponsive, then when I reset it, we back in business. This is really frustrating, I contacted support and they said the unit is working normally. Please AirNav when can we expect the new software?
The new software when it comes will only correct the VHF issue so it will not sort your unresponsive problem.
Alan