Hi, I'm new here, I have been feeding to FA & FR24 for about 3-4 years & decided to expand my system with new services & equipment. I set up RB24 on a Raspberry Pi & feed it from MM2, it has been up on the site for about 3-4 days & I'm steadily climbing up the UK charts with a busy corridor around LHR, LCY, LGW & others in the vicinity.
Just the one question for now; what does the 'range splat' indicate on my maps only I'm seeing aircraft flying through the clear areas without affecting it?
TTFN
Hi I presume that you mean the polar diagram per attached. If so this is your area of coverage and the aircraft you are sending data on.
Alan
I suppose he means that the polar diagram wasn't updated yet with his current flights. From what I see takes a few seconds to minutes to update.
I have another question. Can those "ranges" be manipulated?
I am looking at this: https://www.radarbox24.com/stations/PGANRB301046
It shows HUGE range (in the past?) but the present collection of planes in that range is severely reduced.
On FR24 I demonstrated that the "max distance" can be manipulated by just moving around a couple hundred miles the location of the radar site. Is this something similar?
This leads to artificially inflated "points".
(https://i.ibb.co/bRjfjx2/manipulation.png) (https://ibb.co/zHWkW17)
You can always press reset to start the diagram building again
Alan
Haha, I can't press "reset" on his map tough :)
I can though!!
Alan
Quote from: Runway 31 on February 05, 2019, 04:11:39 PM
You can always press reset to start the diagram building again
Alan
I could not locate reset button on map, although I am logged-in.
Can you please post some details or screenshot showing how to reach the "reset button".
It may be just me that has it for my work with Airnav. If you want yours reset let me know
Alan
No, looks like I have it too, it's at the bottom of the 'Map Options'
Back to my original question, I know what the diagram is supposed to represent but I wanted some indication of any filtration that may have been done, as I mentioned before, I have aircraft flying through clear areas without any change to the plot even allowing time for it to catch-up.
Also, what does the colour coding in the flight list indicate?
Quote from: pellonet on February 06, 2019, 05:48:29 PM
No, looks like I have it too, it's at the bottom of the 'Map Options'
I also have that, but that one resets map options set in that page, and NOT the range splat.
Am not aware of any filtration but suggest you ask support pellonet. I believe the diagram may be over a 7 day period but no idea.
Alan
BRUTE FORCE: Just keep you station off for 7 days, and range splat will reset :D
Or easier advise me the receiver number can reset it, if thats what is wanted but I dont believe it will answer the query
Alan
can this polar diagram be turned off ? i find it very anoying.
Not that I am aware of. It is designed to show your coverage and the aircraft you pick up only
Alan