Main Menu

Techies

Started by EK01, August 17, 2009, 10:30:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

tarbat

Okay, confirmed this is a security "feature" in IE8.  If I add www.airnavsystems.com to my list of Trusted Sites (in IE8 Preferences), then the GIF file attachments open okay.

EK01

Quote from: tarbat on August 19, 2009, 01:55:46 PM
Okay, confirmed this is a security "feature" in IE8.  If I add www.airnavsystems.com to my list of Trusted Sites (in IE8 Preferences), then the GIF file attachments open okay.

Tarbat,
Thanks, got your PM regarding this. On your Forum reply #14  the first attachment only opens via saving through 'My Documents' first but the second attachment opens up straight away as a jpeg does.
On your #15 reply above I see you have managed to sort the problem. In very much layman's terms how do you do this.

Thanks,
Ian

tarbat

Quote from: EK01 on August 19, 2009, 02:04:51 PMOn your #15 reply above I see you have managed to sort the problem. In very much layman's terms how do you do this.

Okay, this is at your own risk.  Do you trust Airnav's site!!

In IE8, select TOOLS - INTERNET OPTIONS
Select the SECURITY tab
Click on TRUSTED SITES
Click on the SITES button
Untick the "Require Server Verification" tick-box
Add http://www.airnavsystems.com to the list of trusted sites

EK01

#18
Quote from: tarbat on August 19, 2009, 02:26:46 PM
Quote from: EK01 on August 19, 2009, 02:04:51 PMOn your #15 reply above I see you have managed to sort the problem. In very much layman's terms how do you do this.

Okay, this is at your own risk.  Do you trust Airnav's site!!

In IE8, select TOOLS - INTERNET OPTIONS
Select the SECURITY tab
Click on TRUSTED SITES
Click on the SITES button
Untick the "Require Server Verification" tick-box
Add http://www.airnavsystems.com to the list of trusted sites

Tarbat,

You truly are a genius. I have carried out your instructions to the letter and all the problems with gifs have now been solved. They are opening immediately just like jpegs without having to save into 'My Documents' first.

Thanks also to Andy Frost,
Ian