Is 1.8dB loss really bad?

Started by gleff, April 16, 2010, 05:45:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

gleff

I'm buying a Window Gap Jumper that has a 1.8dB loss at 900-1300MHz. 

For any of you that know about this kind of thing, is that going to be significant?

Am I going to notice a lot less aircraft/signal etc?
http://www.flighttracker.gleff.com - based in Sydney, Australia

Dean

-3db = 1/2 your signal gone. dB's are logarithmic and I don't have a calc for 1.8dB.

As to whether you'll notice - that depend on how much signal you have before the loss insertion. If you get one put it as near the antenna as possible.

gleff

#2
ok thanks..  will do.

Assuming I just used the calculator correctly, I can expect about a 25% loss.

I guess we'll have to try it and see.
http://www.flighttracker.gleff.com - based in Sydney, Australia