Reg database way behind

Started by NF2G, September 04, 2010, 02:54:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

NF2G

Delta Airlines bought out Northwest Airlines quite some time ago.  There are no aircraft belonging to Northwest any more.  They all belong to Delta now.

So why do I keep seeing Northwest Airlines as the owner of so many aircraft on my RadarBox?  I understand outdated photos.  The funny thing is, I often see aircraft listed as being owned by Northwest appearing in Delta livery in the photo display.

Same goes for Northwest Airlink, although that can be harder to track because of all of the commuter lines and subsidiaries.


Runway 31

NF2G have a look at the thread entitled database update requests and you will see that we are in the process of updating the database and the change that you have mentioned has been done.  Unfortunately until Airnav makes available an undated Navdata file you will have to make changes like this manually.

Alan

freqhopping

Many of the NW 747s are now with Kalitta.

NF2G

Manual changes are a waste of time as AirNav constantly overwrites good data with bad.

Runway 31

Oh well you will just have to wait till the new navdata file comes out then, whenever that will be.

Have a go at changing manually as the database has had a lot of work done.  If you find some bad records let us know and we will change it

Fenris

Is there any rough estimate about when Airnav will have a sufficiently updated database to release?

Yes, I know I'm asking a difficult question.

DaveG

Not that anyone outside Airnav can tell you, time frames are down to Airnav only.
Cornwall, UK

EK01

Quote from: Fenris on September 08, 2010, 04:38:49 PM
Is there any rough estimate about when Airnav will have a sufficiently updated database to release?

Yes, I know I'm asking a difficult question.


Fenris,
You should know better than to ask that question !!

DaveReid

An expression involving mushrooms springs to mind ...
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

AirNav Support

As said in other posts, our prefered way is too have the new RadarBox software released which will allow the database to be updated itself.

We understand the need for something in the meanwhile and it is being discussed internaly.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]