olympic flame heading to cornwall

Started by paulmarcfineman, May 18, 2012, 12:23:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

paulmarcfineman

Good afternoon does anyone have the flight number of the british aieways flight
Heading to raf culdrose also when it arrives in uk airspace
Can anyone post if seen on radarbox
Paul

RodBearden

Rod

paulmarcfineman

Thank you rod for the reg also do you know the routing from athens to culrose
Also what is the flight number
Any other info would be great
Paul

RodBearden

Rod

fossie1

My position is 16 miles north of EGAA Belfast international Airport (Aldergrove)

RodBearden

#5
It's heading towards Venice as I type this.

Just posted an outline of RNAS Culdrose if anyone's interested.

Rod
Rod

Team Spirit

She's just passing Lee on Solent towards Southampton.

Now towards Bournmouth
Best regards Dave.

RodBearden

And we have got ground returns - apparently the first airliner ever to land at Culdrose.

Rod
Rod

Roland28

BAW2012 has now touched down at RNAS Culdrose.
They had the plane actually circling over the sea so that it could land on schedule and on tv.

Team Spirit

She flew right passed us - although couldn't see her due to cloud base.
Best regards Dave.

CoastGuardJon

Quote from: RodBearden on May 18, 2012, 06:34:19 PM
And we have got ground returns - apparently the first airliner ever to land at Culdrose.

Rod


Hi Rod, not quite correct, they did a familiarisation and practice run about 6 weeks ago, but it was all unannounced and very low key, I just happened to pass Culdrose and saw the BA plane at the western end of Runway 30, which is only 1830m long, a bit less than they're used to.    If I can locate the details in my pile of papers, I'll post them.   I got a couple of shots as it came in, very quiet, superb touch down - pilot declined talk-down - and very easily could've stopped well short of the end.   I was hoping they'd do a couple of low-level fly bys, but no such luck.    At the reception end, security and organisers tried to get Becks out of it, but he refused and insisted on meeting some of the children from local schools, posing for photos and giving his autograph, so all respect to the bloke.   He's gone way up in my estimation - and in the unlikely event of him ever seeing this - Thank you David, from Helston and The Lizard schools and community - all credit to you.
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

RodBearden

Hi Jon

Well, if it was G-EUPC that did the test run, the RN rep who said that on the BBC was right, she just omitted to tell us the right date!

So it was probably your box that gave us the ground returns from Culdrose - thanks :-)

Rod

PS I visited Flambards many years ago, when they had the Gannet, AEW Skyraider etc there. Have they got rid of all complete airframes there now?
Rod

CoastGuardJon

Hi Rod, although it's on my doorstep, I haven't been into Flambards for some 7 or 8 years, as your children grow up, you don't visit these places anymore, but the complete airframes were still there then, and I'd be very surprised if they've gone, without there being a fair bit of publicity and outcry.    I don't know which aircraft was used for the test run, but as I said, I'll have a dig through my pile of papers.    G-EUPC did look the part, shame it couldn't be sprayed up with a real gold coloured gloss.   I'm wondering if PC will continue in normal service for at least the rest of the year in its Olympic livery, I hope so, give more people the chance to see her.
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

CoastGuardJon

#13
As an aside, for the couple of hours before the arrival, there was a bit other aerial activity with a couple of Sea Kings flying, and a pair of Lynxs doing their aerobatic display, Devon & Cornwall Police helicopter Oscar 99 and the TV helio - best of all, although cloud base was low, it stayed dry.   
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!