MyLog.db question

Started by Blueboy, December 13, 2012, 01:11:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Blueboy

Hi, I was wondering if there is problems with the size of your MyLog database ? I'm not experiencing any problems with my RB, but was just curious if there was a recommendation to clear the database when it reaches a certain size?

J.D

Runway 31

I am not aware of any size issues with the Mylog JD. 

Alan


Blueboy

Hi Alan, thanks for the reply, as I said I was just curious that if it got to a certain size it would slow up the time it took your RB to open/load (I don't have mine on all the time).

J.D

RodBearden

My MyLog is now over 400Mb - takes 5 minutes to load, but I only load it once a day, so I don't mind. It's been growing since August 2008!

Rod
Rod

Blueboy

Hi Rod, thanks for the reply, my MyLog.db is nowhere near that size so it looks like I'll just leave it as is - I'm the same, I just load it once a day.

J.D

Runway 31

Think of the size of the Mylog for users in busy areas like around Heathrow which see a bit more traffic than Central Scotland

Alan

ACW367

I live in London TMA and also take my box on three overseas holidays per year.  I am not interested in keeping routes/callsigns.  I am not a 24/7 man and prob only operate the radarbox for circa 15 hours per week (with more when I am on holiday).  In a standard year I get over 16,000 individual aircraft on my MyLog.  Every few months I clear the callsign & associated routes info using the dropdown menu. 

Then every year on 31 December, I save/download the MyLog contents to CSV and then convert the CSV to XLS.  Consequently, I permanently store one years worth of records in XLS format.  After the CSV download, I delete all aircraft data from MyLog, such that the MyLog staarts again from zero aircraft as I switch on for the first time after 1 January. 

jim_stockwell

Good afternoon all

I would be interested in knowing how to delete the My log contentes. Although mine is small and I only load it once a day when I an using it, it does seemto be getting longer and longer to load.

Thanks in advance for the advise

Jim

Runway 31

Just go into the data folder and delete it Jim if you no longer want the info.  A new one is created next time you start up Radarbox.  Remember its not just Mylog which is processed on start up so dont expect much change is time.

Alan

jim_stockwell

Thank you Runway.
I was just interested and might try it at the turn of the year to see if it makes a difference

Jim