Main Menu

box problem

Started by hugh, May 27, 2013, 05:10:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

hugh

can someone tell me where to send my radar box to get checked out for  a problem

Runway 31

Hi Hugh,

Contact Waters and Stanton http://www.wsplc.com/

Alan

hugh

Thanks Alan for reply do you think I should install drivers again the usb light flickering an aircraft is on screen with all the information except for the aircraft reg.and its nearly above my house. 

CoastGuardJon

Hi Hugh, this certainly doesn't sound like a Box problem, but as you suggest a driver problem.

I'd suggest Save any My Log entries, if you want to keep them, then Uninstall, do Search from Start box for any Air Nav files and delete these as well including any Registry entries, then re-install and try again.
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

Runway 31

Hugh,

I wouldnt think the drivers would have anything to do with the registration not showing when all other info is present.  If it was a driver problem I wouldnt expect anything to show. What antenna do you use, supplied or external.  If it is the supplied can it see the aircraft.

What range are you picking up aircraft, has it dropped from your previous range being received, has the problem just suddenly started,

Does it happen with all aircraft you pick up or was it just one and all others show correctly.  If it was one aircraft what was its hex code if available to allow me to check the databse for an error.  If its all aircraft it sounds like some sort of corruption to the d/b.

Alan

hugh

Range has dropped from over 100 to around 20  I have  an ou side aerial  made for sbs I have downloaded new adu software yesterday also had a lot of wind going to test it on a friend's outside  aerial tomorrow . Only noticed it last night

Hugh

Runway 31

I dont think the wind will cause any problems unless its dry wind.  Would suggest you contact Walters and Stanton, looks like a repair needed

Alan

CoastGuardJon

Hi Alan, as far as I'm concerned drivers and databases are all part of the software - not being IT savvy - I'd have just started afresh!

With Hugh's latest info of 100 dropping to 20 range, certainly sounds like the classic non-static caused problem!!

Hi Hugh, check antenna to lead connector for continuity and possible damp entry, before sending unit away.

ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

hugh

Thanks for the replys i have downloaded airnav software again still the same put the internal aerial on picking nothing up with that.

Hugh

Runway 31

Still think its nothing to do with software, contact Waters and Stanton

Alan

hugh

All fixed  something wrong in box modification done waiting for it to be returned.