Unfortunate situation with my antenna....

Started by CYYZGUY, June 05, 2014, 04:56:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CYYZGUY

After installing my antenna a few weeks ago on my roof, the results were amazing and I was extremely happy!

Last week, I get a knock on the door from city by-law enforcement telling me I have to take it down as one of your neighbours complained about the tripod and it being a lightning hazzard.   They gave me a week to take it down.   

All of this is just ridiculous.....so this weekend I am making attempt # 2, but this time I will be using 18" stand off wall supports and running my mast up the side of the house, instead of the tripod on the roof.  I should be able to achieve similar results as before. 

For now I have it outside my window again...UGGHHHH

very frustrating!

Jason
2 Nm North from Canada's Busiest Airport CYYZ

DPD 1090 Mhz Antenna with LMR-400 Cable
Antenna 35 Feet (11 Meters) standing tall
Dedicated Airnav Station with 16 Gigs ram
Dedicated Radarbox24 Station with 16 Gigs ram
40" LED Monitor
40" LED Monitor
BCD996XT, BCT15X, BCT15X, BCT15 and BCD436 receiver

Runway 31

Frustrating indeed Jason.  A good reminder to make sure you check the local building code before commencing any structural work.

Alan