Can't update database

Started by FACTflights, February 28, 2015, 08:36:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

FACTflights

I have for the past two weeks encountered problems with updating the database. 

It runs for a while then comes up with an "read - time out" error report.

I killed all security programs and devices.
I've given everybody control of all the folders.
I've sent "support" a copy of the Eureka Log file.

I don't know what else to do.
All suggestions are welcome.
John
ZS1AGH
We live under a rock:  Table Mountain

Icom IC 706 Mk II G; Icom IC 726; Icom IC T22E; Yaesu 290R; Alinco DJ-V5 
No HF antennae at the moment.

Runway 31

I update every day without any problems so can advise there are no problems with the download John.

Are you using 5.00.72.  The only thing I can think of is that there may be a corruption somewhere and suggest that you reload the software and give it a try.

Alan

FACTflights

Hi Alan,

I've tried reinstalling.

Yes I use 50072.

I just can't figure out where the problem is.  It could be the network that I am on.

How long does it take to down load and update at your location ?
John
ZS1AGH
We live under a rock:  Table Mountain

Icom IC 706 Mk II G; Icom IC 726; Icom IC T22E; Yaesu 290R; Alinco DJ-V5 
No HF antennae at the moment.

Runway 31

#3
John.

I have a very high speed fibre connection so no comparison it takes me around a minute or so to download the 65Mb or so.  The fact you are getting a time out may suggest a problem in the time the download is taking probably due to your connection speed.

Alan

Runway 31

John, have you got it sorted out yet

Alan

FACTflights

Hi Alan,

No, I don't know what the problem is.

I thought Support would be able to tell me from the data in the Eureka log, but have not replied to my request.
John
ZS1AGH
We live under a rock:  Table Mountain

Icom IC 706 Mk II G; Icom IC 726; Icom IC T22E; Yaesu 290R; Alinco DJ-V5 
No HF antennae at the moment.

Runway 31

If you have a googlemail address I could send you the update via googledrive.  I will email support to see if they got your request.

Alan

FACTflights

John
ZS1AGH
We live under a rock:  Table Mountain

Icom IC 706 Mk II G; Icom IC 726; Icom IC T22E; Yaesu 290R; Alinco DJ-V5 
No HF antennae at the moment.