Radarbox Raspberry Pi not sending data

Started by rakeshvanamali, August 20, 2022, 05:08:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

abcd567

#30
Quote from: rakeshvanamali on August 22, 2022, 03:38:28 AM
I think I may have found the problem

I did sudo systemctl stop rbfeeder dump978-rb dump978-fa dump10  and it still shows "no supported devices found"

Could this be it?

But, this is strange, I've tried two different sticks so far, both of which work just fine with other feeders

Seems problem is with Pi's USB port.

Try to plug the stick in other USB ports of Pi. There are normally 4 USB ports in a Pi

If you are connecting stick using a USB extension cable or USB hub, that can also cause this problem. Plugin thr stick directky to USB port of Pi.

Make sure that the stick is fully and firmly plugged into the USB port.

.

rakeshvanamali

I'm using a Pi Zero 2W, so I don't have an option other than using a USB extension cable. I'm gonna try and disconnect the extension cable and plug it back in and check how that works

rakeshvanamali

abcd567, we've finally made it, it seems! :D

I disconnected the cable and plugged it back in and rebooted the Pi.

Now, I'm able to see a plane on the station page and on the Dump 1090 page.

Phew, this seems like such a huge relief now. I can't thank you enough for your time, efforts, and patience. I owe you big!

abcd567

Glad to hear it is working now.
Keep checking dump1090-mutability map once a day to make sure the USB cable has not failed/loosened again.

Better purchase another good quality USB cable to connect stick to Pi Zero.

rakeshvanamali

Duly noted. Thank you so much, once again!

abcd567


rakeshvanamali

Thank you so much for your help! Deeply appreciate