How do you check Raspberry Pi AirNav Radar software versions?

Started by vantage, December 02, 2025, 05:14:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

vantage

All,
I keep getting the "A new upgrade is available for your Raspberry Pi AirNav Radar software!" pop-ups on my stations' webpage.  I am reluctant to do this anymore since the last time I did this my Airnav S/W stopped working and I had to come here to get help to  get it working again.

A few questions:
-How do you determine what AirNav Radar software version is currently on the Pi?

-How do you determine what AirNav Radar software version is the upgrade before downloading?  I ask because the last time I upgraded I got "new upgrade" pop-up a few days after getting the upgrade working.

-How long does it take to install the upgrade? I ask because the last time I did the upgrade it seemed to just stop in the middle so I just <control-c> out of it. There was no way to tell if it was locked up or it just takes many minutes to do the upgrade.

-Is there a list of what's fixed/changed in the new version? If so, where is it?

TIA

abcd567

Issue following commands:
sudo apt update
apt-cache policy rbfeeder

The output of last command will give you all the details you want.

Installed: = version currently installed on your Pi
Candidate: = latest version which is available in RB24 repositories

Please see attached screenshot
.

vantage

How long does it take to install the upgrade?

I ask because the last time I did the upgrade it seemed to just stop in the middle so I just <control-c> out of it. There was no way to tell if it was locked up or it just takes many minutes to do the upgrade.

abcd567

Quote from: vantage on December 04, 2025, 07:03:47 AM
How long does it take to install the upgrade?

I ask because the last time I did the upgrade it seemed to just stop in the middle so I just <control-c> out of it. There was no way to tell if it was locked up or it just takes many minutes to do the upgrade.

I never  faced a fresh install or upgrade of existing install getting stuck or freez or hang.

I never measured the time, but it was always less than 5 minutes. Actual time depends on your Pi model and OS version.