Flights within range showing as "Network" flights.

Started by Brimon, May 27, 2009, 03:25:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Brimon

I have noticed over the last couple of days that flights well within range,according to my polar diagram, are not showing up on My Flights but are shown under Networked.

Two questions:
Why is this?
If they are "Network" flights I assume I will be getting the 5 min delay?

Any advice greatly appreciated.
Chasing the heavies from a secret bunker in Scotland

EGNXR

Hi Brimon,

Bullet point 2 in the thread below

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=2552.0

As you say good things come to those that ...........
















wait;-)

Cheers John the impatiant :-(
Based in Derby 5Nm NW of EGNX

daveg4otu

Why is this?


If they are not showing in your "My flights" it may be that although they are within your polar diagram range  they are in fact too low for your antenna to "see" them.

I have a similar situation here - about 20 miles SW Exeter- I can see aircraft 200 miles away in that direction but can't see aircraft on finals at EX as they are  too low and masked by the high ground  to the NE of me.I can watch them however via networked flights when a  user in a suitable position is  online.
5 Miles N of BHD at 50.28.28 N/3.30.43W...400ft amsl.

Hampshire, Devon, Dorset and Isle of Wight  Airfields Websites.....
http://devonairfields.tripod.com/index.htm

Brimon

John,thanks for that now I can join the ranks of the impatient!! LOL

Dave, I hadn't looked at heights before,so you sowed a seed,I will check the next one that comes over,although judging by where I am in relation to some of them I recall seeing they would have been well up. Thanks will let you know

& yes John that tapping is indeed my foot!! Patience is not a forte of mine.
Chasing the heavies from a secret bunker in Scotland