Main Menu

HD Crash

Started by John Racars, April 11, 2009, 10:21:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

John Racars

Hi All,

Yesterday my Hard Disk with the RB-software on it was crashed. So now I have to re-install the RadarBox software on a new HD. There will be MicroSoft XP Home Edition software installed on my new HD.

Is this a question of install the original software (first version) and overwrite this with the last update? Or should I install version 2009 from the AirNav site directly? Are there maybe other things I should do / not forget?

I am not specialized in this kind of work so any help (p.e. a step-by-step guide) wil be verry welcome.

Thank you in advance for any help!
Best Regards from the Netherlands, John Racars
13 NM East of EHAM
-
ANRB:
Version: 3D - 5.00.072
Antenna: outside WiMo GP-1090 (with ECOFLEX 10 cableconnection)
PC: Windows 7 SP 1 - 64 bit
-
RadarBox24 station: EHAM4

Allocator

John,

Go with the complete install of RB2009 as downloaded from the site.  Don't bother with the upgrade version if you are starting from the beginning.

If you have access to the NavData.db3 and MyLog.db3 on the old hard drive, you could copy these to the new RB installation.

John Racars

Thank you Allocator for your fast reaction!

To be sure: do I have to install the original software first or do I have to download / install RB2009 directly from the site?

Fortunate I have a passable recent backup of the NavData.db3 and MyLog.db3 files.
Best Regards from the Netherlands, John Racars
13 NM East of EHAM
-
ANRB:
Version: 3D - 5.00.072
Antenna: outside WiMo GP-1090 (with ECOFLEX 10 cableconnection)
PC: Windows 7 SP 1 - 64 bit
-
RadarBox24 station: EHAM4

besty

Hello John, just do a fresh install from the website and the copy your backups into the correct folder of the new version on you HD.

Hope you get sorted soon.

Stuart

John Racars

Hi Allocator / Stuart,

Many thanks for your answers / tips again! There is one other question from my side:

should I install the RB software while the RB is connected on the PC or should installation take place while the RB is disconnected?

Thank you again for the help / answers.
Best Regards from the Netherlands, John Racars
13 NM East of EHAM
-
ANRB:
Version: 3D - 5.00.072
Antenna: outside WiMo GP-1090 (with ECOFLEX 10 cableconnection)
PC: Windows 7 SP 1 - 64 bit
-
RadarBox24 station: EHAM4

besty

John I would personally do it while the RB is disconnected, so as to make sure the software sets up correctly and then copy over the files and the reconnect the RB.

Stuart

John Racars

OK Stuart.

All is clear to me now how to handle this.

Thanks again!
Best Regards from the Netherlands, John Racars
13 NM East of EHAM
-
ANRB:
Version: 3D - 5.00.072
Antenna: outside WiMo GP-1090 (with ECOFLEX 10 cableconnection)
PC: Windows 7 SP 1 - 64 bit
-
RadarBox24 station: EHAM4

John Racars

Hello All,

After the crash last week, yesterday evening I re-installed the RB software. All is working how it should be again.

Thank you again for the help and tips!
Best Regards from the Netherlands, John Racars
13 NM East of EHAM
-
ANRB:
Version: 3D - 5.00.072
Antenna: outside WiMo GP-1090 (with ECOFLEX 10 cableconnection)
PC: Windows 7 SP 1 - 64 bit
-
RadarBox24 station: EHAM4

flightchecker

#8
Goedemorgen, Hans

You made it ! Hope You're otherwise doing fine as well .

"neighbour"  Karl



John Racars

Schön guten Tag Nachbar Karl,

Everything allright on this side, thank you!

All is right with you too, I hope!!!
Best Regards from the Netherlands, John Racars
13 NM East of EHAM
-
ANRB:
Version: 3D - 5.00.072
Antenna: outside WiMo GP-1090 (with ECOFLEX 10 cableconnection)
PC: Windows 7 SP 1 - 64 bit
-
RadarBox24 station: EHAM4