Problem Installing Hardware

Started by Matt Howard, June 21, 2009, 02:02:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Matt Howard

Woo hoo! Progress! My computer now recognises the USB device as AirNav Radarboc. However, at the end of installation, I now get the message:
"This device cannot start (Code 10). Any ideas>

tarbat


Matt Howard

Yep, did that, all was fine, it said "Hardware installed and ready to use", but seconds later I was back to "Unknown USB device" and the software says "Hardware not connected." AARRGGHH!

tarbat

Maybe a hardware problem.  What lights are on or flashing on the Radarbox?

Matt Howard

We are ON!!! All lights on/flashing now! I think the actual box has a dodgy USB connection at the back. Do I need to send it back, or is this easy to fix?

Thank you so much for all of your help; you have been fantastic!

tarbat

#35
Might be worth contacting Airnav Support by email about the possible dodgy USB connection - [email protected].

Glad you're up and running!!

Fenris

Quote from: Matt Howard on June 28, 2009, 09:26:49 PM
We are ON!!! All lights on/flashing now! I think the actual box has a dodgy USB connection at the back. Do I need to send it back, or is this easy to fix?

Thank you so much for all of your help; you have been fantastic!

If you have a spare cable, try swapping it over. Some connector pairings are on the limits of mechanical tolerance and the electrical contacts can then be intermittent.

Glad you got it working in the end though.

Matt Howard

Bought a new cable for 70p and all works perfectly now!

The simplest things, eh?

Thank you all once again for all your help.

Matt Howard