How many aircraft typically can be seen.

Started by lovemuscle, July 11, 2009, 01:40:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

lovemuscle

Hello.
As you may know im a newbie,on my way home from work i parked up and got the laptop out,i was about 2 miles as the crow flys from egcc on a normal road,not elevated.I put the aerial on the roof and swithched laptop on,i got about 76 aircraft,is this ok,should i expect alot more?
What do you lot get on yours?
Thanks Gary

RodBearden

Sounds about right, Gary. I'm sure you know that as well as being dependent (obviously) on what aircraft are around at the time, it's also completely dependent on the location of the aerial - the higher and less obstructed, the better.

I normally get about 70 - 90 aircraft during average times. I've got a good position, but the only airports I overlook directly (just about) are Blackpool and Warton - not exactly hot spots of ADS-B aircraft.

Rod
Rod

lovemuscle