RB 2009 software MAP question

Started by MW0CVW, April 19, 2009, 01:51:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

ENKB

N2CC just passed overhead me now, jumping between 4 trails. First time i have seen such behavior.

DaveReid

Quote from: ENKB on April 19, 2010, 08:32:56 PM
N2CC just passed overhead me now, jumping between 4 trails. First time i have seen such behavior.

I've logged N2CC 49 times on SBS since July 2007, most recently about a month ago, and I've never seen this phenomenon, which seems to be confined to RadarBox.

It's may be related to those spurious positions that RadarBox decodes for ATPs that don't actually have ADS-B (i.e. a non-ADS-B transmission such as a DF20/DF21 being wrongly interpreted as a position report).  I believe AirNav are investigating the latter.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

Jeremy

DR,
You put me in my place last night and I am quite aware that you are much more of an expert in the RB than humble little me, but you give the impression of constantly having to challenge Airnav on every little tiny glitch that would much more appropriate for you to take off the forum and talk to them direct. I am not sure what the relatioship is between you and Airnav but one detects a rather unhealthy one!
J.
G4DOQ
QRZ.com