Book recommendation please

Started by Dean, June 10, 2010, 03:52:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Dean

I note the thread about AirNav support books, however that's not what I want.

I want a book that explains how it all comes together. i.e. including how ATC works, how the flights use the different waypoints, vectors, flight corridors and all the other things they need to get from A to B.

I don't want to learn actual navigation but more the overall concepts. I hope that makes sense.

Anyone got any recommendations?

Dean

DaveReid

Graham Duke: Air Traffic Control, available on Amazon.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

Dean

Thanks - found that for just short of £6 on Amazon - ordered it so hopefully I'll get a better understanding of the screen when read.

anorak

Can I borrow it when you`ve done?
Dave. Exmoor, North Devon.

eggplant

Would you mind if I borrow it after you Anorak ? Thanks in advance.
Everything about Airnav is fantastic. Airnav can do no wrong. Airnav is perfect. Airnav is divine.

sandhl

Also saw the following book on Amazon.

Air Traffic Control Handbook: The Complete Guide for All Aviation and Air Band Enthusiasts by David J. Smith

Does anyone have a view on both books and how they compare.