Main Menu

N928NA

Started by EK01, September 07, 2011, 10:50:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

EK01

Just appeared on 'My Flights' at FL490, N928NA given as a WB-57F Canberra c/n 119 belonging to NASA. First time I have had anything at this flight level before. Wonder what it is doing in this neck of the woods (Spain). Needless to say no ADSB but Mode S of ACDD0F.

Incidentally, Airframes gives the type as a WB57 . A silhouette is required.

Bethsalem

I picked it up in north-eastern Spain too. This is the entry from my microADSB/PP log

ACDD0F;;NASA928;;;48850;48875;0;0;2011-09-07 10:38:09;2011-09-07 10:57:46;

I couldn't get a mlat fix on it because there are not enough ground stations here. Likewise no beamfinder fix either because of a dearth of useable mode-s radar sites.

markb


phil zech

Morning All,

I think I spotted this whilst sunbathing at the Marina Luz Hotel in Palma !! on Weds morning

I looked up and saw a plane with an unusual wing span especially for a two engined aircraft.

Reading the previous e-mails it would most definately have been the Canberra.

Thanks for the info guys

Regards

Phil

Aerotower

Today
* ACDD0F                           N928NA  WB57  NASA                 2011/09/09 09:56:14
Startaltitude: 14000
Endaltitude: 46925