Loss of range and reception

Started by Drazick, February 12, 2012, 05:16:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Drazick

Hello, a few days ago I'm having a reduction in reception, in terms of altitude, for example used to receive information from aircraft at 150 feet in different airports as (GCRR) Lanzarote (GCFV) Fuerteventura, but now cut the receipt in the approach to 2500 or 3000 feet above sea level rising, may be how because of the weather? Because I keep getting in range data from more than 200 nm, just some points because I am in a mountainous area.

My team:
Antenna GP-1090
1m low loss cable Ecoflex-10 with N connectors
Mast pre-amplifier AS-1090
20m low loss cable Ecoflex-10 with N connectors
AS-1090BT Bias-T for DC-Feed
1m Cable BNC / SMA
Power Supply 12V/1A

RodBearden

Hi Drazik

It might be the weather - is it unusual for you at the moment?

Other possibilities are lightning close to you or a large build-up of static electricity if it's been very dry and windy.

I suggest that you wait a few days for a change in the weather, and if it's no better, contact AirNav Support in case your box needs repair. If your box is under two years old, it's still under warranty.

Good Luck - we enjoy your network returns from the Canaries!

Rod
Rod

Drazick

#2
Unfortunately, my RadarBox is out of warranty because I bought it in 2008, but I appreciate you have helped me, I will continue to monitor a few days to make sure that there is a serious problem, since at this point I can not demand much RadarBox more to their seniority, took a somewhat unusual weather for this time in the Canary Islands, very dry winds from the N/E, sometimes very wet and very strong, with gusts exceeding 50 km / h, especially with an inversion layer from 1500 meters high, but there has been no storm or electric shock from 2011, I have the antenna Wimo since October last year, and was surprised to see that I could receive data at such a low flight altitude, the only question I have is if the solar storm last January 27 that affected the land, could cause equipment damage, but good and that's something scientists.

Thank you very much and best regards.















AirNav Support

It is very unlikey its a RadarBox issue if you still getting contacts further than 150nm. Any issues with RadarBox and static and you usually don't see much further than 30nm so we would put this down to weather or some other interference.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]