Main Menu

Auto QNH / WX

Started by KSMF, August 08, 2012, 04:31:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

KSMF

Hi,

Recently I have been unable to retrieve WX reports or have Auto QNH select a valid airport. I am able to get Auto Updates for aircraft and can successfully send logs via email from the Radar Box Program. Does anyone have any idea what might be the solution?

Thank you,

Jim

tarbat

Which airport?  I get mine from EGQK, and autoQNH is working okay, last METAR retrieved at 16:50 UTC.

KSMF

Tarbat,

So far I have tried KSMF, KSAC, KMHR, KSUU, KSFO with no success on Auto QNH or Wx rpts.

Jim

KSMF

I should mention that when I try to retrieve Wx info, I get a " Error in retrieving weather information, check the airport code / and or your internet connection is working"   

For Auto QNH on the Smart View page, shows " :not available.

Jim

tarbat

What happens if you try EGQK?

Runway 31

Wonder if its to do with airports missing from the database following the last update.

Alan

tarbat

Okay, I tried KSMF, and it retrieved the METAR okay.  I have the corrected airports table in navdata, so maybe this is caused by the missing airports in the navdata database.

Maybe AirNav can confirm?

andrewarles

I had the same problem with LFML (Marseille).

It wouldn't retrieve weather info until I added LFML back in to the aiports table.
16 NM SSW of LFMV (Avignon)
27 NM NW of LFML (Marseille)
Arles, France.

KSMF

Thanks Tarbat!
I was able to get QNH and WX for EGQK.
How can I add my airports to the table?
How do I find that table or database?

Thanks for the help,

Jim

Runway 31

I am expecting a new Navdata by the weekend and hopefully all will be restored to normal

Alan

KSMF

Alan and all,

Thanks for your help. Looking forward to the next Navdata.

Jim

EK01

Quote from: Runway 31 on August 08, 2012, 08:57:05 PM
I am expecting a new Navdata by the weekend and hopefully all will be restored to normal

Alan

Alan,

Have you had it confirmed that future Navdata updates will not affect the routes tables. This caused a massive headache last time .

Runway 31

I wont know until we get it for checking.  If it does I will endure that users are aware but the delay in production is to ensure that the Navdata is per editions previous to the last one.

Alan