The Mystery of flight ID "N917FE" continues...strange logo..

Started by CYYZGUY, March 25, 2014, 01:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CYYZGUY

As a few of you know, I can never get N917FE to display a logo (Mode S C00CEE).  I clearly have the N917FE logo in my logo's folder, showing up as "Morningstar Air Express"

This morning, it shows up with a NOVAIR logo???

This puzzles me...Where is it pulling this from?  Someone must be able to figure it out...

Screenshot..


N917FE strange logo by CYYZGUY, on Flickr
2 Nm North from Canada's Busiest Airport CYYZ

DPD 1090 Mhz Antenna with LMR-400 Cable
Antenna 35 Feet (11 Meters) standing tall
Dedicated Airnav Station with 16 Gigs ram
Dedicated Radarbox24 Station with 16 Gigs ram
40" LED Monitor
40" LED Monitor
BCD996XT, BCT15X, BCT15X, BCT15 and BCD436 receiver

Runway 31

Bet it is something to do with N9 being the IATA identifier for Novair

Alan

CYYZGUY

Well, that could make sense, however, why has it never displayed it before??
This is the first time....
2 Nm North from Canada's Busiest Airport CYYZ

DPD 1090 Mhz Antenna with LMR-400 Cable
Antenna 35 Feet (11 Meters) standing tall
Dedicated Airnav Station with 16 Gigs ram
Dedicated Radarbox24 Station with 16 Gigs ram
40" LED Monitor
40" LED Monitor
BCD996XT, BCT15X, BCT15X, BCT15 and BCD436 receiver

Runway 31


RodBearden

Alan's right - if the ID is different from the registration, RadarBox will look for an ICAO code in the ID. If it doesn't find one, it will look for an IATA code, so it found N9 for Novair.
Rod

CYYZGUY

Hi Alan/Rod, maybe you can help me here, I am doing a search in the Logo's folder for "N9"  I will be damned if I can find the Novair logo...I was just going to update it with the proper logo for me....I doubt I will ever see a Novair flight in my neck of the woods.

Jason
2 Nm North from Canada's Busiest Airport CYYZ

DPD 1090 Mhz Antenna with LMR-400 Cable
Antenna 35 Feet (11 Meters) standing tall
Dedicated Airnav Station with 16 Gigs ram
Dedicated Radarbox24 Station with 16 Gigs ram
40" LED Monitor
40" LED Monitor
BCD996XT, BCT15X, BCT15X, BCT15 and BCD436 receiver

RodBearden

The N9 IATA code is translated to the NVD ICAO code in the Airlines table of the main database - so that we don't need logos for IATA codes.

Please read this post which explains all this: http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=6514.msg71413#msg71413
Rod

CYYZGUY

Thanks for the link and the explination....

I appreciate it.

regards,

Jason
2 Nm North from Canada's Busiest Airport CYYZ

DPD 1090 Mhz Antenna with LMR-400 Cable
Antenna 35 Feet (11 Meters) standing tall
Dedicated Airnav Station with 16 Gigs ram
Dedicated Radarbox24 Station with 16 Gigs ram
40" LED Monitor
40" LED Monitor
BCD996XT, BCT15X, BCT15X, BCT15 and BCD436 receiver