Continual Hardware Disconnections

Started by lenow, February 12, 2016, 06:12:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

lenow

Since upgrading to Windows 10, I have noticed continual hardware disconnections. Functions correctly for four or five hours but then hardware disconnects. Have unchecked usb power switch as per a year 2007 post.

neroon79

Have you checked, if WIN10 has some how activated "run software in compatibility mode for WIN7 etc." ?`On one of my PCs it did this and this has caused quite similar effects on my particular PC.

Ingo
Greetings from northern Germany, Ingo
11.75nm ESE of EDDV

SW: ANRB v5.00.072/6.01.001 on WIN10 64Bit Pro&Home
HW:
Ant.: DPD Productions ADS-B Vertical Outdoor Base Antenna
AMP: Kuhne electr. KU LNA 1090 A TM
Cable: 25m of ECOFLEX 15+
NB: Asus P53E 24/7 op.
PC: 28"4K + 24" Monitor
AirSpy mini @RPi3

lenow


lenow

It was running in compatibility mode, unchecked the box. It is still disconnecting after about 5-6 hours. My cheap dongle never disconnected just kept on running, and only cost around £9.

Runway 31

Others on Windows 10 don't appear to be having the issue as there is no one else joining with the same issue. 

My own feeling is that it is a USB power issue associated with Windows and nothing to do with the unit itself.  I don't have Windows 10 but I presume there is still Control Panel/Power and under Advanced there will be USB and Sleep setting, have these been adjusted.  There will also be different settings dependent on whether you have it set for Balanced/High Performance/Power saving modes are these set correctly.

What did support suggest?, I presume you have contacted them.

Alan

lenow

Thanks Alan,
all the usb settings were switched to off, ie not in power saving mode.
Have just downloaded Version 600, so I'm hoping is stays on.
Cheers,
Len.

lenow

Attn neroon79
Off Topic
Here is a link you may be interested in, a story about Ingo in Australia, I met him some years ago in Lightning Ridge, sadly he died a couple of years ago.

http://sloveniansinaustralia.com.au/uploads/pdf/Lightning%20Ridge/Germany.pdf

Regards,
Len

lenow


Runway 31