New Silhouettes

Started by RodBearden, August 19, 2008, 11:19:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

RodBearden

Hi Dave

I don't really do conventional silhouettes. Also, the Cessna Scorpion doesn't have an ICAO code, so is in the database as ZZZZ, so all other uncoded aircraft with a ZZZ code would show the same silhouette.
Rod

anorak

Gotcha Rod, thanks. Dave.
Dave. Exmoor, North Devon.

gismoat

Hello,
my name is Werner and i am new on this Forum.
I hope you can help me.

I missing some photo Silhouettes.

CL65
CL85
E175
E195
G200
G450
G550
G650
F2LX
GL6T
H750
H900

I know thats a lot of missing aircraft Silhouettes.
Can i create the silhouettes from a normaly picture?
Is that the complete Specification 76x16 and save as bmp ?

thanks
Werner

RodBearden

Hello Werner and welcome to the forum.

Two points - first, yes, the specification for silhouettes is 68x16px BMP file, but 76x16px works fine, so that's what I do.

Second - only one of the codes you mention is valid - G200 for the Akrotech/Giles G-200, whatever that is! I use the official ICAO site to check the codes: http://www.icao.int/publications/DOC8643/Pages/Search.aspx
There are many valid codes that we haven't got any silhouettes for, but that's mainly because the aircraft type doesn't fly anywhere that they can be picked up, or that they don't appear on RadarBox anyway - perhaps because they don't have electrical systems or, at least, mode-S transmitters.

Hope that helps.
Rod

Runway 31

Rod/Werner,

I believe the codes given are ones made up by enthusiasts and below is my interpretation of these codes to what they should be on the official ICAO code list.  The may help you Werner.

CL65 - CL60
CL85 - CRJ2
E175 - E170
E195 - E190
G200 - GALX
G450 - GLF4
G550 - GLF5
G650 - GLF6
F2LX - F2TH
GL6T - GLEX (Global 6000)
H750 - no idea
H900 - no idea

Alan

gismoat

Hello RodBearden and Runway 31,

thanks for your feedback and tips.

H900 = Hawker 900XP
H750 = Hawker 750

cheers
Werner

Runway 31

Werner, both of those are ICAO H25B

Alan

RodBearden

Rod

RodBearden

SHRK - Shark Aero Shark
Rod

tommyg

Hi Rod.

Just had PH-XXV over my house showing altitude 900ft (Where I live we are 700ft amsl!!!). Didn't have a picture silhouette for a B25 can you oblige please.  (By the way it sounded great.)

Thanks tommyg
Tommyg

RodBearden

Hi Tommyg - lucky you - I get Ryanair Boeings!


B25 - NA B-25 Mitchell
Rod

tommyg

Hi Rod (me again)

Just had the Norwegian MIG15 N104CJ fly over my house, and there isn't a picture silhouette.

Thanks again.

tommyg
Tommyg

RodBearden

Hi Tommyg (me again after a holiday)

MG15 - MiG-15
Rod

tommyg

Thanks Rod. Hope you had a good and relaxing time
Tommyg

tommyg

Rod.

Have we got a photo silhouette of an EV97? Only get a conventional one come up when GSINN wasv on my box.

Thanks
Tommyg