Wanted: Very current navdata.db3 database

Started by apjwright, June 29, 2010, 05:34:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

bratters

Quote from: AirNav Support on June 29, 2010, 10:58:34 AM

The whole issue at the moment is not about old routes being shown but routes not in the database due to the alphanumeric lookup.

Exactly so - and considering the number of airlines involved, this is rapidly becoming a major issue.

We look forward to your progress reports.

Blincodave

Quote from: apjwright on June 29, 2010, 05:34:30 AM
I've been absent from the forums for a while, but am back to using my 'magic' box and am continually frustrated by the quality of data in the aircraft table.

Does somebody have a reasonably/very current navdata.db3 file that i could get my hands on - particularly for civil/commercial and biz-jet aircraft types?

I'm at LHR at the moment and finding that there are a lot of aircraft that are not in my database - and a good number of them are not particularly new ...

Thanks,
Tony

I've got a file with over 82k's worth of frames that is pretty up to date that I'm happy to send you. PM your e-mail address.

Dave

MIKE.UTD

Hi Dave,

Thanks for sending me your navdata.db3 file.
Unzipped it and it comes to 19,587 kb,not the 82k.
May be compacted ???? Mine is a similar amount so no need to change.
Thanks again.

Mike.

DaveReid

Presumably Dave means 82,000 aircraft, not 82,000 bytes !
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

Blincodave

Mike,

Dave Reid is quite correct - 82,500 aircraft!!! I must admit that I was suprised when you said that you only had just over 20,000 aircraft in your file in your e-mail to me.

Chris11

The copy sent to me (thanks Dave) had 82 545 aircra