Database Update Requests

Started by orkney, June 16, 2011, 12:31:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 17 Guests are viewing this topic.

chewycanes

Thanks Alan
It was using an Air Berlin flight code.
Brian

Runway 31

Thanks Brian,

I take it the change hasnt been made yet.

Heres a picture taken at Dusseldorf on 6th May in Austrian colours. http://jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=7110469

Alan

jim_stockwell

Hi Alan
Back again for another try at updating the database.
I followed yor advise last night and described what happened in my last post yesterday.
It appears that I do get a downlod that appears under the folder AirNav Box, sub folder Data sub item Nav Data with a file of 49928KB and another file NavData back up of the same size.
What is not happening is the download relpacing the old database. Any ideas what I am doing wrong.
If I carn't get to to undate then I shall just have to live with it until the next update occurs when I will try again. (Can you give me an idea how often an undate happens and I will then know when to look for it)
Thanks again
Jim

CYFC

I have been advised by Air Nav, that my free subscription has expired....will my dbase updates continue?....I see that Air Nav is still connected to my computer on port 7879....if my dbase updates are finished, how do I stop AN from receiving my contacts?

Cheers
Doug

Runway 31

#34
Hi Doug,

The updates will still be available as before whenever Airnav published them on the forum.  Subscribing or not to the network doesnt matter.

Alan

Runway 31

Jim,

Could you open up database explorer as before, select the aircraft table, when it opens type 406392 in the box at the bottom left entitled "text to find"  In the box "condition" select IN and in the box "field" select MS from the drop down list. Once you have done that press the find button. 

Does anything come up in the grid above on the top line?

Alan

jim_stockwell

hi Alan
Nothing! (which shows that there is no record, I think)
Jim

Runway 31

Correct.

what is the path to your data folder. i.e. c;\prgramfiles\airnav\radarbox\data or something else?

Alan

Hawkeye

Quote from: Runway 31 on June 17, 2011, 04:45:48 PM
Hi Syd,

Just had a look at the d/b and 71025B is included as 743, Lockheed C-130H Hercules, c/n 5235, Saudi Arabia - Air Force.  A check of my database explorer explorer contains the same information.

Are you using the original or current updated database and what information is held in your databse explorer against 71025B?

Alan


Hello again Alan,

Thanks for your helpful response.
Although I was sure I'd installed the April update, I hadn't !!  Done now and 71025B is showing the correct info.
Sorry for troubling you unnecessarily.


Syd

Runway 31

No bother Syd as long as all is well.

Alan

jim_stockwell

Hi Alan
The path if I have it correct read C\programmefiles\airnavsystems\airnavradarbox\navdata db3
Jim

Runway 31

Jim,

The navdata db3 file should be in the c:\program files\airnavsystems\airnavradarbox\data folder.  If its not move it into it data

Alan

jim_stockwell

Alan
it does appear to be in the folder, but with an approach badge rather than the badge with 9 small symbols (thumbnails,tiles etc) I use Approach for several databases the I run
Jim

Runway 31

How many Navdata db3 files do you have in the data folder.. You should have the NavData Db3 file of 48.8Mb, a NavData Db3 BAK file of the same size, a NavData Db3 journal file of 13Kb and a NavData Db3 stmtjrnl file of 0 BYTES.

Also what version of windows are you using?

Alan

jim_stockwell

Hi Alan
I do have the navData Db3 and NavData Db3 BAK files but not A NavData Db3 Journal file or the NavData Db3 stmtjrnl file
Jim