AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: vonsmalhausen on December 31, 2025, 09:38:34 AM

Title: unable to connect
Post by: vonsmalhausen on December 31, 2025, 09:38:34 AM
does somebody else have this ? since yesterday i am unable to run the software on PC, it seems it can not connect.
the program launches normal till the point it should connect with AN server ; it stalls and after some time i get the message that due to security reasons after 3 attempts to register the program the app will be closed.
up to 2 days ago all went fine, and i have it on both my PC and Laptop
tried to contact support yesterday, but no response so far.
Title: Re: unable to connect
Post by: hungryasthesea on December 31, 2025, 10:35:18 AM
I reported yesterday morning and got a response from Alex saying
'Apologies there is an issue on our backend that we are working on.'
Title: Re: unable to connect
Post by: vonsmalhausen on December 31, 2025, 10:39:50 AM
thanks for the response
Title: Re: unable to connect
Post by: AviaSpotter on December 31, 2025, 10:56:23 AM
Exactly the same problem since Monday at 5 p.m. On two PCs, one with Windows 10 and the other with Windows 11. I also tried writing to support, but I haven't received a reply yet.
Title: Re: unable to connect
Post by: Michel on December 31, 2025, 01:39:33 PM
I thought it was just me. It does work in my old laptop, but it doesn't start on my new laptop. So thought there was some problem on my side. Have reinstalled the programm with same negative result. But ok, we'll just have to wait. No problem.
Title: Re: unable to connect
Post by: eagle11 on December 31, 2025, 01:42:09 PM
Exactly the same problem here (Windows 11, software 6.01.001). Perhaps it's unnecessary to mention it since it's known to support; I just want to point out that this is happening to more users.
Title: Re: unable to connect
Post by: GreekSpy2001 on December 31, 2025, 01:58:27 PM
Just to add.  I was running fine as I run 24/7.  Updated DB and restarted now can't log in!! 13:57 GMT 31/12.  Oh well back to ADSB Exchange
Title: Re: unable to connect
Post by: vonsmalhausen on December 31, 2025, 02:30:23 PM
i also did a DB update before i got these connection troubles, could it be linked ?
Title: Re: unable to connect
Post by: Runway 31 on December 31, 2025, 02:36:40 PM
The database updater has no connection to any issue you may be having, all that gets updated is the database and nothing of the software gets updated or altered in any way

I just started in V6 and all is working ok for me

Edit:  Have now carried out a d/b update and restarted and everything is still working ok for me so any issue appears to have been resolved

Alan
Title: Re: unable to connect
Post by: hungryasthesea on December 31, 2025, 02:57:40 PM
Quote from: Runway 31 on December 31, 2025, 02:36:40 PM
The database updater has no connection to any issue you may be having, all that gets updated is the database and nothing of the software gets updated or altered in any way

I just started in V6 and all is working ok for me

Edit:  Have now carried out a d/b update and restarted and everything is still working ok for me so any issue appears to have been resolved

Alan

I have just restarted my laptop and is still just hanging trying to connect,
Title: Re: unable to connect
Post by: Runway 31 on December 31, 2025, 03:09:30 PM
No idea why mines is working ok and yours isnt, see attached shot

Has there been a Windows update on your computer which has caused an upset with the drivers, try updating the drivers.  Windows updated have previously caused driver issue as the drivers are replaced with Microsofts own ones, requiring the correct drivers needing to be reinstalled

I have contacted a Spanish user and he is having no issue

Alan
Title: Re: unable to connect
Post by: vonsmalhausen on December 31, 2025, 03:50:17 PM
i had no windows update between all working and no longer being able to connect
Title: Re: unable to connect
Post by: GreekSpy2001 on December 31, 2025, 04:04:31 PM
My reference to the update process was the fact that i had ran to update and so had to restart for it to take effect. not linking the two just the reason for my restart, and now locked out.   

I think we have seen this before.  Problem with the authentication system.  Allows some users in whilst blocking others. 
Title: Re: unable to connect
Post by: Runway 31 on December 31, 2025, 04:29:47 PM
Cheers Graham for the info

Other than reinstalling drivers I have no other ideas

Alan
Title: Re: unable to connect
Post by: cosmefulanito on December 31, 2025, 04:47:49 PM
I have the same problem, I get the message that for security reasons, after 3 attempts to register the program, the application will close.
I also have 2 xrange stations and they are not online either.
Title: Re: unable to connect
Post by: Betahal on December 31, 2025, 06:44:42 PM
Same here at BCN, Spain. "... Due to security reasons after 3 "unsucesfully" attempts to register...", etc. Here's hoping that they can fix that backserver issue soon!
Title: Re: unable to connect
Post by: jwyman on December 31, 2025, 07:37:42 PM
Yes, I am experiencing the same thing for quite some time....
Title: Re: unable to connect
Post by: Runway 31 on December 31, 2025, 09:43:58 PM
They are working on an issue with the server which is causing an issue with the station pages,  The main screen is working correctly however and your feed will still be working ok, just the staion pages are offline.  It should hopefully be fixed later today as I was told earlier this afternoon it should be fixed in around 12 hours

I have no idea if this is causing the issue some V6 users are experiencing as it doesnt appear to affect all V6 users
Title: Re: unable to connect
Post by: vonsmalhausen on January 01, 2026, 03:05:12 PM
installed V5 to check if it would be V6 only ; no, the result was the same, still no connection
Title: Re: unable to connect
Post by: Runway 31 on January 01, 2026, 03:43:42 PM
See previous message, there has been an issue on the server which is still being worked on.  The developers have the RB station pages back online but still to fix all outstanding issues

Alan
Title: Re: unable to connect
Post by: Glimmstengel on January 02, 2026, 02:48:56 PM
Same problem here... Still not working....
Title: Re: unable to connect
Post by: Runway 31 on January 02, 2026, 03:30:43 PM
Glimmstengel  I note you have changed your post.  Can I presume that since my post you have checked and found your xranges are indeed online

Alan
Title: Re: unable to connect
Post by: Betahal on January 02, 2026, 04:04:28 PM
Still unable to connect here at EXTSHA194882
Title: Re: unable to connect
Post by: [email protected] on January 02, 2026, 04:30:50 PM
Yes, I have the same issue since 07:00 01/01/26 running on a Raspberry Pi setup. Could it be a expired certificate/DNS problem on the AirNav servers?
Title: Re: unable to connect
Post by: Glimmstengel on January 02, 2026, 04:40:45 PM
Quote from: Runway 31 on January 02, 2026, 03:30:43 PM
Glimmstengel  I note you have changed your post.  Can I presume that since my post you have checked and found your xranges are indeed online

Alan


I did not edit my post.... I use V6 and updated my RB today, then closed it and cannot reopen since... It doesn't connect
Title: Re: unable to connect
Post by: Runway 31 on January 02, 2026, 06:10:02 PM
Sorry Glimsteggel I could have sworn you also said you have 2 xranges that were not showing.  Can whoever that typed that answer please

Alan
Title: Re: unable to connect
Post by: Runway 31 on January 02, 2026, 06:14:04 PM
Seb

Its not that as plenty of box feeders are still online and feeding as can be seen here https://www.airnavradar.com/stations/airnav-pro-3d

Alan
Title: Re: unable to connect
Post by: eagle11 on January 02, 2026, 06:43:35 PM
Alan,

I think those are users who stream 24/7; if you don't do that and try to reconnect, it doesn't work, as it did for me (see PGANRB113061).

Frans
Title: Re: unable to connect
Post by: Runway 31 on January 02, 2026, 07:30:42 PM
Possibly that Frans but I know there are plenty like myself who only have it on during the day and I am not having any issue, you can also see this if you look at individual station where you can see them off at night and back on during the day. 

They will be working away to get everyone on line

Alan
Title: Re: unable to connect
Post by: jwyman on January 03, 2026, 03:55:53 AM
A royal screwup.....
Title: Re: unable to connect
Post by: [email protected] on January 03, 2026, 09:21:56 AM
Quote from: Runway 31 on January 02, 2026, 06:14:04 PM
Seb

Its not that as plenty of box feeders are still online and feeding as can be seen here https://www.airnavradar.com/stations/airnav-pro-3d

Alan
Hi Alan, Fair enough, also this morning everything seems to be working as expected when checking my site. Obviously something has changed overnight. I suspect we'll never know what happened! Thanks Seb
Title: Re: unable to connect
Post by: Glimmstengel on January 03, 2026, 09:28:47 AM
Mine still not working.... Still cannot connect
Title: Re: unable to connect
Post by: AviaSpotter on January 03, 2026, 10:57:48 AM
EXTSHA198166 still not working
Title: Re: unable to connect
Post by: Glimmstengel on January 03, 2026, 11:14:56 AM
I tried out a lot and the following happened with me:

I logged in with my e-mail and Password, it didn't work (as it did for the last 10 years or so...)

I tried to log-in with my PGANRB number and Password ==> It worked

Hopefully it will soon work with my e-mail again, as I would like to stay a Business user as before when feeding....

Christian

Title: Re: unable to connect
Post by: [email protected] on January 03, 2026, 11:52:52 AM
Ah, OK my feed isn't showing again and my Pi is saying unable to connect again.
Title: Re: unable to connect
Post by: eagle11 on January 03, 2026, 12:28:02 PM
My box is back online, logged in with the "Activation Code" as stated on the original CD-ROM. Many thanks to Glimmstengel!

Frans
Title: Re: unable to connect
Post by: Runway 31 on January 03, 2026, 01:02:39 PM
The log in details on the original disc cover are always required nothing else will work

Alan
Title: Re: unable to connect
Post by: Glimmstengel on January 03, 2026, 01:11:47 PM
Well, I used for about ten years my e-mail adress and my password for opening the AirNav Software....
Title: Re: unable to connect
Post by: Runway 31 on January 03, 2026, 01:34:57 PM
No idea how, thats why they are on the disc cover

My box went down 5 or 6 years ago and now I use my stick with V6 and use the original disc cover log in for a V6 connection

I use the email address and password when feeding direct to RB with my other stick with my Pi

Alan
Title: Re: unable to connect
Post by: Betahal on January 03, 2026, 01:51:28 PM
So you guys at AirNav have lost our entire user login database, haven't you?
Title: Re: unable to connect
Post by: Glimmstengel on January 03, 2026, 02:03:37 PM
Just to clearify:

I can login with e-mail and password at www.airnav.com

I can't no longer log-in with e-mail and password into Airnav Radarbox software 6.02.003, but now I can log-in here with the "activation code" from my CD.

Hope its all clear now
Title: Re: unable to connect
Post by: cosmefulanito on January 03, 2026, 02:51:51 PM
Login whit activation code work for me too. Email login doesn´t work.
Title: Re: unable to connect
Post by: vonsmalhausen on January 03, 2026, 03:12:33 PM
Thank you Glimmstengel
i am also back online thanks to you're solution ; instead of e-mail (as program asks ) PGANRBnr and original password.
they should give you a job at Airnav 😉👍
Title: Re: unable to connect
Post by: jwyman on January 03, 2026, 03:23:55 PM
Quote from: Glimmstengel on January 03, 2026, 02:03:37 PM
Just to clearify:

I can login with e-mail and password at www.airnav.com

I can't no longer log-in with e-mail and password into Airnav Radarbox software 6.02.003, but now I can log-in here with the "activation code" from my CD.

Hope its all clear now

What activation Code?

Some of us just downloaded the software from the website after purchasing our sticks and boxes...
Title: Re: unable to connect
Post by: darkskies74 on January 03, 2026, 03:39:49 PM
Have to say I have no idea how I've been able to log in for so long using my email and p/w for airnav.com until this week.
Never had any issues using Flightstick and V.6.
Have my old RB, but long lost the CD and activation code.
Title: Re: unable to connect
Post by: vonsmalhausen on January 03, 2026, 03:47:54 PM
Quote from: jwyman on January 03, 2026, 03:23:55 PM
Quote from: Glimmstengel on January 03, 2026, 02:03:37 PM
Just to clearify:

I can login with e-mail and password at www.airnav.com

I can't no longer log-in with e-mail and password into Airnav Radarbox software 6.02.003, but now I can log-in here with the "activation code" from my CD.

Hope its all clear now

What activation Code?

Some of us just downloaded the software from the website after purchasing our sticks and boxes...

should be on the original box of the RB station you use ( i have a RB1 from back in 2009, it is on the box it came in )
if you don't have that, try to contact support, with you're PGANRBnr they should be able to give you a password (i hope)
Title: Re: unable to connect
Post by: vonsmalhausen on January 03, 2026, 04:15:47 PM
sorry, it is actually on the installation CD in the box
Title: Re: unable to connect
Post by: AviaSpotter on January 03, 2026, 05:44:52 PM
I never had an installation CD (I bought a flight stick and downloaded the software from the website). As a result, I don't have any codes or passwords. I have always logged in with my email address and password and would like to continue doing so, partly so as not to lose the entire database. How can I do this?
Title: Re: unable to connect
Post by: Runway 31 on January 03, 2026, 06:11:30 PM
Ask support or wait until they finish fixing the server

Alan
Title: Re: unable to connect
Post by: Michel on January 03, 2026, 06:50:36 PM
Had to dig up the old cd, luckily found it, and now working again using the old PGANRB login.
Title: Re: unable to connect
Post by: Runway 31 on January 03, 2026, 07:22:50 PM
I would imagine the developers are working their butts off to get everything back up and running again the way it was before the issue occured but it will takes some time to get everything going again

Alan
Title: Re: unable to connect
Post by: gghosey on January 07, 2026, 02:13:03 AM
Is there been any update on this? I have the same problem: Three times and you are out, with the same security.

Glen Hosey
Title: Re: unable to connect
Post by: Runway 31 on January 07, 2026, 11:46:24 AM
See your other post

Alan
Title: Re: unable to connect
Post by: hungryasthesea on January 07, 2026, 04:56:28 PM
I sent an email to Alex having not hear anything about the problem from support for a week.
He asked me to try again, which I have done and mine is now working as it used to.
Title: Re: unable to connect
Post by: gghosey on January 07, 2026, 05:24:53 PM
WOW, first time that I got the "Invalid email/password" message!

Maybe

Glen
Title: Re: unable to connect
Post by: gghosey on January 07, 2026, 05:28:33 PM
Delete the last one from me, that was the same message I was getteing;

Glen
Title: Re: unable to connect
Post by: vassylad on January 08, 2026, 09:00:49 AM
Good morning one and all I am still unable to connect to Airnav albeit I did for an hour or so yesterday albeit its now gone back to unable to connect I've emailed support twice now with photos but alas no reply whatsoever

Can anyone provide any help please it would be really appreciated

Thanks Michael
Title: Re: unable to connect
Post by: GreekSpy2001 on January 08, 2026, 10:47:02 AM
All

First attempt to start in at least 2 weeks.   Same problem for me, even tried my PGARNB code and pwd to no avail.   Will email support.

Grham
Title: Re: unable to connect
Post by: gilemery on January 08, 2026, 01:25:43 PM
Add me to the list.  Emailed support on Monday, got the canned email response that they are working on it.

Tried today with the same issue.  (Windows 10 with no updates, just a standard reboot in the morning).

Ultimately it effects their product with stations that were contributing that are no longer able to do so. 

Since I downloaded the product, I do not have a key to login with.

Makes me wonder how fragile their back end is if it has been what a few weeks that this has been an issue..

Title: Re: unable to connect
Post by: vassylad on January 08, 2026, 03:24:39 PM
Great reply to a negative response I will not be renewing next year its so unprofessional from a company that sees itself as a leader in its field of aviation I'm very disappointed

Michael
Title: Re: unable to connect
Post by: Runway 31 on January 08, 2026, 04:52:41 PM
vassylad what receiver type are you trying to connect with.  Note they were working on getting things back up and running today so probably the reason you were on yesterday but not today

Also note that support aims to reply within 24 hours

Alan
Title: Re: unable to connect
Post by: Runway 31 on January 08, 2026, 06:30:15 PM
Same with you Graham, I believe you have an original box so are you using the log in details from the CD cover

Alan
Title: Re: unable to connect
Post by: AirNav Support on January 08, 2026, 09:16:50 PM
It should be back up and working now. We have received many emails throughout this period and we have been trying to bring up services as soon as possible. Apologies for the inconvenience caused and the delays to responses. The issues caused affected all services during this time however the windows software was the last to be brought up.

We also must bring to attention that RadarBox Windows software are legacy products have been for some time now (years in fact). This is because the windows software does not support MLAT sharing and other advanced features and the Windows software has been superseded by the AirNav Radar website and Mobile Apps.

We therefore advise to moving to Pis or X-Ranges as the above apps are unsupported.
Title: Re: unable to connect
Post by: vassylad on January 09, 2026, 04:41:59 AM
I am using the flightstick runway 31

Thanks Michael 😊
Title: Re: unable to connect
Post by: Runway 31 on January 09, 2026, 03:10:59 PM
If you still have your original CD cover use the log in details on that.  If dont you will need to use the email address and the password  of your RB account

Alan
Title: Re: unable to connect
Post by: vassylad on January 09, 2026, 04:22:36 PM
Hi I don't have a CD do I use my username and password to log in


Thanks Michael 😊
Title: Re: unable to connect
Post by: vassylad on January 09, 2026, 05:01:25 PM
Is there any way that I can send a screenshot to you ATM I'm
Connected  Hardware connected green light (Micro RB) but absolutely no aircraft whatsoever  on the screen

Thanks Michael
Title: Re: unable to connect
Post by: vassylad on January 09, 2026, 05:46:38 PM
Sorted


Thanks Michael
Title: Re: unable to connect
Post by: Runway 31 on January 09, 2026, 06:10:56 PM
What did you do Michael

Alan
Title: Re: unable to connect
Post by: gghosey on January 09, 2026, 06:29:15 PM
After untold number of password resets, it finally took the reset!

Whew, the program is back up and running!

Glen
Title: Re: unable to connect
Post by: vassylad on January 10, 2026, 05:15:18 PM
Good evening Alan sorry for the late reply I rebooted the program on numerous occasions and reset my username and password eventually it worked

Hope you're well

Thanks Michael
Title: Re: unable to connect
Post by: GreekSpy2001 on January 10, 2026, 06:09:49 PM
Quote from: Runway 31 on January 08, 2026, 06:30:15 PM
Same with you Graham, I believe you have an original box so are you using the log in details from the CD cover

Alan

Alan, I do have an original box but haven't used it for years.  Been using various flight sticks.   I just responded to your? suggestion on a post to try using the old PGARN log in and commented that I couldn't log in via my email account or the original account.   

However, I have just tried and successfully logged in (10/01/26 18:00 GMT) so all's well here

Cheers

Graham
Title: Re: unable to connect
Post by: Runway 31 on January 10, 2026, 07:11:01 PM
Great, thankfully all connected again

Alan
Title: Re: unable to connect
Post by: EK01 on January 12, 2026, 01:53:51 PM
Alan,

Glad that people are getting their AN to work again because now mine is kaput. The flight stick just refuses to connect. Had several tries but nothing. Oh well, FR24 for me .

Ian
Title: Re: unable to connect
Post by: Runway 31 on January 12, 2026, 02:35:56 PM
Ian

No issues here.  Just got back home, turned on my laptop logged in with no issues and have updated my database

So dont have a clue what can be causing your problem

Alan
Title: Re: unable to connect
Post by: EK01 on January 13, 2026, 02:13:01 PM
Afternoon Alan,

Pleased to say that after a few hits with a big shiny hammer, everything is now working again.

Title: Re: unable to connect
Post by: Runway 31 on January 13, 2026, 05:20:33 PM
You were not hitting it hard enough

Alan
Title: Re: unable to connect
Post by: EK01 on January 14, 2026, 01:09:16 PM
Gives a whole new meaning to the word 'reboot'.