AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: ig on November 28, 2008, 08:43:50 AM

Title: AIRPORT OUTLINES
Post by: ig on November 28, 2008, 08:43:50 AM
Hi all,
Can anybody tell me where I can get airport outlines from please & where do I put the files when I've downloaded them?
Cheers
Ian
Title: Re: AIRPORT OUTLINES
Post by: nbquidditch on November 28, 2008, 08:58:10 AM
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=717.0

Try this post :)
Title: Re: AIRPORT OUTLINES
Post by: ig on November 29, 2008, 06:30:15 AM
Thanks again.  I've got RB2009 and after a little playing found that airport outlines are already with this.
Do you have any idea how to update this as more airports and hex codes are known?
Cheers
IG
Title: Re: AIRPORT OUTLINES
Post by: Blackthorn on November 29, 2008, 06:34:01 AM
You just add any extra outlines you require and have downloaded in to the outlines folder.
Title: Re: AIRPORT OUTLINES
Post by: ig on November 29, 2008, 06:39:05 AM
Hi Blackthorn,
      Thanks for your prompt reply.
Regarding the post from nbquidditch and his suggestion of looking http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=717.0

I couldn't see any downloadable outlines that are in the same format as what is already in my outlines folder. The ones I saw were in a spreadsheet.
Apologies if I seem dumb, but SBS is very new to me
IG
Title: Re: AIRPORT OUTLINES
Post by: tarbat on November 29, 2008, 08:08:47 AM
Which specific airport outlines do you want?  If you're running RB2009, there should already be several outline files in the Outlines folder.  They have a .out extension, for example Blackpool EGNH.out.  So, any file that ends with .out is an outline file.

Not sure what you mean by "The ones I saw were in a spreadsheet".  Can you give us an example.

For other UK & Ireland airport outlines, also see http://www.homepages.mcb.net/bones/Kinetic/Kinetic_Utilities.htm
Title: Re: AIRPORT OUTLINES
Post by: ig on November 29, 2008, 08:53:58 AM
I'm after all UK & European airport. I've looked on Bones site and downloaded the UK military airfields but I can't see a link for the UK airports
Title: Re: AIRPORT OUTLINES
Post by: tarbat on November 29, 2008, 09:04:43 AM
Over 120 UK airports are in the main outlines download on Bones' site, in the "UK & Ireland Airspace" download.  For non-UK airports, you'll need to search through the other thread - http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=717.0
Title: Re: AIRPORT OUTLINES
Post by: ig on November 29, 2008, 10:36:51 AM
Mis-read the notes. I was looking for a download link as there is with Mil.
Thanks again
Ian
Title: Re: AIRPORT OUTLINES
Post by: tarbat on November 29, 2008, 10:45:08 AM
Quote from: ig on November 29, 2008, 10:36:51 AM
Mis-read the notes. I was looking for a download link as there is with Mil.
Thanks again
Ian

http://www.homepages.mcb.net/bones/Downloads/Outlines_300708.zip
Title: Re: AIRPORT OUTLINES
Post by: ig on December 03, 2008, 01:07:37 AM
Thanks for all your help.
Cheers
IG