AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: besty on August 17, 2010, 06:44:54 PM

Title: Russian F15??
Post by: besty on August 17, 2010, 06:44:54 PM
USAF F15 showing with Russian Flag? I'm guessing its off the mode s code but why? I've noticed this several times lately.
Title: Re: Russian F15??
Post by: DaveReid on August 17, 2010, 07:28:25 PM
Quote from: besty on August 17, 2010, 06:44:54 PM
USAF F15 showing with Russian Flag? I'm guessing its off the mode s code but why? I've noticed this several times lately.

If you miss the last octal digit off an F-15's 24-bit address, you end up with a Russian hex code.
Title: Re: Russian F15??
Post by: besty on August 17, 2010, 07:32:08 PM
thanks for that Dave, thought it was a bit unusual, what's missed the last digit off? radarbox or aircraft?
Title: Re: Russian F15??
Post by: DaveReid on August 17, 2010, 07:33:59 PM
Quote from: besty on August 17, 2010, 07:32:08 PM
thanks for that Dave, thought it was a bit unusual, what's missed the last digit off? radarbox or aircraft?

Aircraft miscoded.
Title: Re: Russian F15??
Post by: ACW367 on August 17, 2010, 09:57:17 PM
The ones I have recieved had hex codes that started 15C or 15E and had last three numbers matching machines that are based at lakenheath. I think the first part is deliberate and relates to whether it is an F-15C or F-15E.  Therefore I reckon they are deliberately doing tactical miscodes in the 15C and 15E russian series instead of the AE0 USAF series they should be using.
Title: Re: Russian F15??
Post by: DaveReid on August 17, 2010, 10:43:25 PM
Quote from: ACW367 on August 17, 2010, 09:57:17 PMThe ones I have recieved had hex codes that started 15C or 15E and had last three numbers matching machines that are based at lakenheath. I think the first part is deliberate and relates to whether it is an F-15C or F-15E.  Therefore I reckon they are deliberately doing tactical miscodes in the 15C and 15E russian series instead of the AE0 USAF series they should be using.

Interesting theory.  What would 15C59E equate to ?
Title: Re: Russian F15??
Post by: viking9 on August 18, 2010, 07:54:48 AM
Please tell me you're not really Pat.
Title: Re: Russian F15??
Post by: DaveReid on August 18, 2010, 08:11:03 AM
Quote from: viking9 on August 18, 2010, 07:54:48 AMPlease tell me you're not really Pat.

Must be - it's the only explanation I can think of :-)

Quote from: AirNav Support on May 12, 2010, 07:49:07 AMWe have added extra spam protection to our forum now so hopefully the vast majority of spammers won't get through.
Title: Re: Russian F15??
Post by: AirNav Support on August 18, 2010, 08:24:05 AM
Its hard to stop the human spammers, unless we spend all our time vetting each forum user.

The system we use does block a lot more through email, ip, username checking as well the as the normal email activation check.

I think you would agree, we would rather spend our time helping customers then vetting customers on the forum.
Title: Re: Russian F15??
Post by: Runway 31 on August 18, 2010, 03:44:48 PM
Dont know about F-15's but there has been a Russian An30 Open Skies serial 01 Black flying about up here in Scotland most of the afternoon and was last seen heading south, low level at 1600. 

Not showing on SBS
Title: Re: Russian F15??
Post by: EK01 on August 18, 2010, 03:49:24 PM
I thought Open Skies used B757's
Lol

Ian